Re: Newest Version of EZPal 23JAN09 Where are the betatesters?

  • Guenter
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 28, 2009
      Well it seems to me that Erik VK4AES ist running out of professional
      betatesters. He distributes EasyPal with warnings of testing status
      and ask for feedback. See http://vk4aes.com at the bottom of the webpage.

      Last year in March there was a big clamour against me and my webpage
      mostly from KC1CS, WB0UNB and VK3DNH as I set some testing versions of
      EasyPal free to the users. Well, time changes...

      I think there are only users who are insatiate of pimping up there
      webpages with pictures received by Easypal, not knowing much of
      slow-scan-tv in hamradio. But that's the primary thing in EasyPal today.

      Vy 73 de Guenter DD9ZO.

      --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "w8aii_aar5th" <w8aii@...> wrote:

      > Version 23JAN09 opens with a WARNING MESSAGE advising users of crashes
      > and other issues... What are the issues? and, why even post the
      > release if there are noted problems?
      >
      > 73 Al, W8AII

    • Kennon Ari Smith
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 28, 2009
        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "Guenter" <dd9zo@...> wrote:

        I am happy to test the software. I am having a problem setting up the
        receiving. It will not receive no matter what I do. I think it may be
        some small thing that I have set wrong. Or it may be a rig problem. I
        can transmit fine business. Any suggestions would certainly be
        appreciated. 73 and dx Kenn w4tki

        > Well it seems to me that Erik VK4AES ist running out of professional
        > betatesters. He distributes EasyPal with warnings of testing status
        > and ask for feedback. See http://vk4aes.com at the bottom of the
        webpage.
        > Vy 73 de Guenter DD9ZO.
      • eriksradio
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 28, 2009
          Just as a Reply

          I am not running out of beta testers.
          When the program updates produce no issues with myself or my beta
          testers using XP, Vista and Windows7, does not mean all is well
          with other users.

          So I have released test versions for those interested to comment
          on. The feedback has been very useful and productive.

          The alternative is to stop supporting Easypal.

          To imply that EasyPal is only used for its ability to upload
          pictures to websites is interesting.
          That is certainly not the case in VK and judging by the many
          emails I receive; is not the general case at all.

          The Internet additions have drawn many new users, and they still
          have to TX and RX images. To say these users do not know much
          about Digital SSTV (if you call it that) is the same as saying
          MMSSTV users are also illeterate.

          Have a look at that magnificent program "HRD"
          To imply that it's internet usage is not in the Amateur spirit
          would have to be the same conclusion as with EasyPal.

          Another XP nasty.
          error "cannot find hamdrm.dll etc"
          This afffects XP SP2 users particularly. Make sure the following
          microsoft "HOT FIX" is installed.

          www.support.microsoft.com/kb/943232 (thanks Les VK2DSG)

          Erik VK4AES

          --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "Guenter" <dd9zo@...> wrote:

          > Well it seems to me that Erik VK4AES ist running out of
          professional
          > betatesters. He distributes EasyPal with warnings of testing
          status
          > and ask for feedback. See http://vk4aes.com at the bottom of the
          webpage.

          > Last year in March there was a big clamour against me and my
          webpage
          > mostly from KC1CS, WB0UNB and VK3DNH as I set some testing
          versions of
          > EasyPal free to the users. Well, time changes...
          >
          > I think there are only users who are insatiate of pimping up
          there
          > webpages with pictures received by Easypal, not knowing much of
          > slow-scan-tv in hamradio. But that's the primary thing in
          EasyPal today.

          > Vy 73 de Guenter DD9ZO.
          >
          > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "w8aii_aar5th" <w8aii@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Version 23JAN09 opens with a WARNING MESSAGE advising users of
          crashes
          > > and other issues... What are the issues? and, why even post the
          > > release if there are noted problems?
          > >
          > > 73 Al, W8AII

        • W6IDS
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 28, 2009
            Guenter,

            Would there be a possibility of seeing ESPal emerge with the
            VISTA 64 full capability?

            Howard W6IDS
            Richmond, IN

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 29, 2009
              Hello Howard,

              Sorry but I can't answer your question. Ask Erik VK4AES for more
              details, he is using Vista and can give a perfect answer. I'm using XP
              only.

              Vy. 73 ooops... better the new way, SUOWP (See You On WebPage) :-))
              de Guenter DD9ZO.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 29, 2009
                Hi Erik:
                I have the beta ver..  but dam, I can't find anything wrong with it !!  But I'll keep looking !!  Thanks for the great program..  Sorry for the "whinners" out there.. Some people you could give a million dollars to, and they would complain that its not 2 million..  Great program, and I just love beta testing it ( and others).

                Keep up the good work.. We need more people in the ham radio community that write programs for free that work half as good as EasyPal,, eventhough there would still be complainers out there that would say " its only free ??!! we think you should pay us for trying it !!"

                Thanks agn for EasyPal,, I can't say enough good about it,,

                 Very Truly Yours
                Garrett / AA0OI

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 30, 2009
                  Hi Ken:
                  tell us about the system first.. windows XP ?? sp 1 or 2 or 3.. The output from the radio is going into the "what" line in, mic in or somewhere else??  Is he getting an indication of a signal in the meter on EasyPal ( up under where the callsign shows up, is it green with the signal or blank??)  What ver of EasyPal is he running ( try the new one  22Jan09)  Make sure only one instance of EasyPal on the computer..  Let us know, and I get back to you asap..  * (are you using an interface??)

                  Garrett / AA0OI