Re: [digsstv] Newest Version of EZPal 23JAN09

  • KD3O
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 26, 2009
      I have not seen a 23 Jan 09 version of EasyPal, if this is the program you
      are referring to when you refer to EZPal 23JAN09.

      Jim, KD3O
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 28, 2009
        Well it seems to me that Erik VK4AES ist running out of professional
        betatesters. He distributes EasyPal with warnings of testing status
        and ask for feedback. See http://vk4aes.com at the bottom of the webpage.

        Last year in March there was a big clamour against me and my webpage
        mostly from KC1CS, WB0UNB and VK3DNH as I set some testing versions of
        EasyPal free to the users. Well, time changes...

        I think there are only users who are insatiate of pimping up there
        webpages with pictures received by Easypal, not knowing much of
        slow-scan-tv in hamradio. But that's the primary thing in EasyPal today.

        Vy 73 de Guenter DD9ZO.

        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "w8aii_aar5th" <w8aii@...> wrote:

        > Version 23JAN09 opens with a WARNING MESSAGE advising users of crashes
        > and other issues... What are the issues? and, why even post the
        > release if there are noted problems?
        >
        > 73 Al, W8AII

      • Kennon Ari Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 28, 2009
          --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "Guenter" <dd9zo@...> wrote:

          I am happy to test the software. I am having a problem setting up the
          receiving. It will not receive no matter what I do. I think it may be
          some small thing that I have set wrong. Or it may be a rig problem. I
          can transmit fine business. Any suggestions would certainly be
          appreciated. 73 and dx Kenn w4tki

          > Well it seems to me that Erik VK4AES ist running out of professional
          > betatesters. He distributes EasyPal with warnings of testing status
          > and ask for feedback. See http://vk4aes.com at the bottom of the
          webpage.
          > Vy 73 de Guenter DD9ZO.
        • eriksradio
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 28, 2009
            Just as a Reply

            I am not running out of beta testers.
            When the program updates produce no issues with myself or my beta
            testers using XP, Vista and Windows7, does not mean all is well
            with other users.

            So I have released test versions for those interested to comment
            on. The feedback has been very useful and productive.

            The alternative is to stop supporting Easypal.

            To imply that EasyPal is only used for its ability to upload
            pictures to websites is interesting.
            That is certainly not the case in VK and judging by the many
            emails I receive; is not the general case at all.

            The Internet additions have drawn many new users, and they still
            have to TX and RX images. To say these users do not know much
            about Digital SSTV (if you call it that) is the same as saying
            MMSSTV users are also illeterate.

            Have a look at that magnificent program "HRD"
            To imply that it's internet usage is not in the Amateur spirit
            would have to be the same conclusion as with EasyPal.

            Another XP nasty.
            error "cannot find hamdrm.dll etc"
            This afffects XP SP2 users particularly. Make sure the following
            microsoft "HOT FIX" is installed.

            www.support.microsoft.com/kb/943232 (thanks Les VK2DSG)

            Erik VK4AES

            --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "Guenter" <dd9zo@...> wrote:

            > Well it seems to me that Erik VK4AES ist running out of
            professional
            > betatesters. He distributes EasyPal with warnings of testing
            status
            > and ask for feedback. See http://vk4aes.com at the bottom of the
            webpage.

            > Last year in March there was a big clamour against me and my
            webpage
            > mostly from KC1CS, WB0UNB and VK3DNH as I set some testing
            versions of
            > EasyPal free to the users. Well, time changes...
            >
            > I think there are only users who are insatiate of pimping up
            there
            > webpages with pictures received by Easypal, not knowing much of
            > slow-scan-tv in hamradio. But that's the primary thing in
            EasyPal today.

            > Vy 73 de Guenter DD9ZO.
            >
            > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "w8aii_aar5th" <w8aii@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Version 23JAN09 opens with a WARNING MESSAGE advising users of
            crashes
            > > and other issues... What are the issues? and, why even post the
            > > release if there are noted problems?
            > >
            > > 73 Al, W8AII

          • W6IDS
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 28, 2009
              Guenter,

              Would there be a possibility of seeing ESPal emerge with the
              VISTA 64 full capability?

              Howard W6IDS
              Richmond, IN

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 29, 2009
                Hello Howard,

                Sorry but I can't answer your question. Ask Erik VK4AES for more
                details, he is using Vista and can give a perfect answer. I'm using XP
                only.

                Vy. 73 ooops... better the new way, SUOWP (See You On WebPage) :-))
                de Guenter DD9ZO.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 29, 2009
                  Hi Erik:
                  I have the beta ver..  but dam, I can't find anything wrong with it !!  But I'll keep looking !!  Thanks for the great program..  Sorry for the "whinners" out there.. Some people you could give a million dollars to, and they would complain that its not 2 million..  Great program, and I just love beta testing it ( and others).

                  Keep up the good work.. We need more people in the ham radio community that write programs for free that work half as good as EasyPal,, eventhough there would still be complainers out there that would say " its only free ??!! we think you should pay us for trying it !!"

                  Thanks agn for EasyPal,, I can't say enough good about it,,

                   Very Truly Yours
                  Garrett / AA0OI

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 30, 2009
                    Hi Ken:
                    tell us about the system first.. windows XP ?? sp 1 or 2 or 3.. The output from the radio is going into the "what" line in, mic in or somewhere else??  Is he getting an indication of a signal in the meter on EasyPal ( up under where the callsign shows up, is it green with the signal or blank??)  What ver of EasyPal is he running ( try the new one  22Jan09)  Make sure only one instance of EasyPal on the computer..  Let us know, and I get back to you asap..  * (are you using an interface??)

                    Garrett / AA0OI