Re: New install problems "hamdrm.dll"

  • RobertCGRO
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
      Happy New Year to all,

      Unfortunately, M$ redesigned the sound device system when developing
      Vista for some unknown reason. Programs that used the older Windows
      system can't properly access the new system in Vista unless the line
      or mic is active (cable plugged from a mic or line in/out).

      I got the same error and when I did a Google search for "hamdrm.dll",
      I found out that there's a new version, and got that one and copied
      it into my DIGTRX directory as per the instructions. It has a few bug
      fixes and is recommened for DIGTRX and is quite a bit larger, so
      there must be extra functionality therein.

      I have ported over a lot of older software and harder to my Vista
      test platform with just minor problems. Once you set yourself up as
      the little-known "Uber Administrator," most problems disappear.

      All the best to everyone in 2009.

      73,
      Robert, VA3ROM
      http://my.tbayte.net/va3rom