EasyPal and Vista (home version)

  • Allison
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2008
      I keep getting the following message very time I attempt to start Eastpal.

      — Easypal Sept. 8 2008 Runtime error
      C:\ EasyPal\EasyPal.exe
      Executable 'C: \ EasyPal\EasyPal.exe' had the following unrecoverable
      error:
      Couldn't find library hamdrm.dll (required by C:\EasyPal\EasyPal.exe)
      Please ensure that it is installed

      I've tried to install it in a root directory and also under the
      C\Program files directory and get the same result each time.

      Operating system is windoz vista home perinium and I'ved tried easypal
      08 sept and also 15 oct.

      Any ideas?

      Allison VK3ZTV
    • Howard Z.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2008
        I suggest trying turning off USER ACCOUNT CONTROL (UAC) in Vista and
        see if it helps.

        This all by itself often will fix s/w compatibility issues with Vista.

        A good article is:

        I do not like all the ideas in the article, but I implemented many of
        them.

        Howard
        N3ZH

        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "Allison" <allison1947@...> wrote:

        > I keep getting the following message very time I attempt to start
        Eastpal.

        > — Easypal Sept. 8 2008 Runtime error
        > C:\ EasyPal\EasyPal.exe
        > Executable 'C: \ EasyPal\EasyPal.exe' had the following unrecoverable
        > error:
        > Couldn't find library hamdrm.dll (required by C:\EasyPal\EasyPal.exe)
        > Please ensure that it is installed
        >
        > I've tried to install it in a root directory and also under the
        > C\Program files directory and get the same result each time.
        >
        > Operating system is windoz vista home perinium and I'ved tried easypal
        > 08 sept and also 15 oct.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Allison VK3ZTV

      • Chris Reusch
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 17, 2008
          EasyPal will run fine without disabling User Account Control. It is
          developed and compiled on a Vista system.

          I had this problem once and like other users (do a search) it had to do
          with a sound card problem. It's not a very descriptive error message.
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 18, 2008

            Digi-Sites program - lock-up

            I have found that my web page is not functioning.
            Also my Digi-Sites url will cause the Digi-Sites program to lock-up.
            Until this problem is resolved, you should un-select my url's from Digi-Sites.
            To do this, you should disable your internet connection.
            This will allow Digi-Sites to time out.
            Once you have control of Digi-Sites, click "Setup" and "Select sites".
            Un-select KB4YZ or any Url's directed to tima.com or kiva.net.
            Close Digi-Sites to store these settings.
            Re-enable your internet connection.

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 5, 2008
                My web host at KIVA.NET and TIMA.COM are down again. My web page may
                not be available as well as my Digi-Sites for uploaded images on these
                servers. You may want to unselect these sites from the setup in the
                Digi-Sites software.

                I have created a new Digi-Site on TRIPOD.COM. The url for my new
                Digi-Site is:
                http://dsstv.tripod.com/rx/image1

                Several EasyPal users have signed up for free web hosting on
                TRIPOD.COM. Once you have signed up and created a web page, you can
                start FTP'ing from EasyPal using this in the FTP setup:
                ftp.tripod.com
                sitename
                password
                (blank)