AW: [digsstv] Re: sound card

  • Siegfried Jackstien
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2008
      dear cesco
      dear groupmembers
      i had a serious problem with my builtin soundcard (ac97) on my laptop but i could fix it ....
      i had a really bad hum noise of about 200hz and up (400hz 600hz 800hz) and it changed with the setting of the backlight of the display
      but never went of ....
      it was the stepup transformer from the backlight of the lcd panel ....
      it works at a frequency of abt 100khz and is pulse pause modulated with 200hz ....
      it is controlled via an analog voltage between 1 and 2 volts dc ....
      1volt bright display and 2 volt dimmed display ....
      so my idea was : what will happen when the control line is 0 volts ?!?
      the pulse pause control went full on ... the display backlight is a little bit brighter  but i can bring it lower via the graphic card software
      and .... the 200hz noise is fully gone .... now i can use the laptop for digital modes without any problems and it is great to hear music
      over the hifi amp and the big speakers in my room (was a really mess before)
      don´t know if others have the same probs with builtin soundcards but my mod works fine for me :-)
      i just cut the wire that comes from the motherboard to the stepuptransformer and VOILA no more hum noise
      PS: it is a 1.2 ghz laptop from medion but other brands might have the same backlightcontrol
      best 73´s de dg9bfc
      sigi

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 7, 2011
        Wonder if anyone has used the SIGNALINK usb interface it works ok on digipan psk31 can't key my radio ft 857
        Regard George vk4ajl@...