Re: [digsstv] EASYPAL PROGRAM

  • sancudo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2008
      I'm a newbie to digsstv but would like to try the mode out. I think I
      have all the equipment I need to send and receive a digital picture:
      1. EasyPal, HF radio, MFJ sound card Interface, and a fairly new
      laptop running XP. Does this sound about right for getting started?
      Mario

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008

        Thats about all you need Mario,, sometimes the internal sound car can be a problem on laptops,, but give it a

        try ( you won't hurt anything) Setup is pretty simple..Don't know where you are ( no call sign) but there is a group on 7.173 everyday of the week almost all day long.. Great bunch of guys that will be glad to help you get set up and test receiving and sending pictures.. Be sure to check out Daves site  http://www.kiva.net/~djones/  there are a copy of the help files and some great shortcuts to running program.. also check out Dicks site  for some great add on programs that are meant to work with EasyPal   http://mysite.verizon.net/resojf80/   . hope to hear ( and see) you on the air soon.. Also if you have any questions you can email me at   aa0oi@...   , if I don't have an answer I can probably point you to someone who can..

        CUL

        Garrett / AA0OI

        On 7/31/08, Commander John <crazytvjohn@ yahoo.com> wrote:
        > I want to thank those who sent digital sstv program recommendations which
        > were all for the easy pal program. I have it running and have received
        > several pictures on 7.173 mc. I have managed to get the program to transmit
        > and will soon attempt to send a picture to someone. I have a complete guide
        > to easy pal to read as there is a lot of things I do not understand as yet.
        > but it is fun. and the pictures are breathtaking.
        >
        > john w9zy

      • sancudo
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
          thanks, garrett.