FTP EasyPal Cam

  • jerryswords
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
      I installed the template on my web page for uploading the easypal
      pictures, also setup the FTP in the easypal program but for some reason
      the program is,nt uploading or changing the file name to image1.jpg is
      there something else needed for this to work ? or could I have the ftp
      setup wrong?

      N8WBV
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2008

        Hi Jerry,

        If EasyPal is not sending the files to your server, then the problem is likely to be with the FTP Setup.  Mine works with "www" as the Web Directory.  I have found that the filename extension can be changed to ".png" if a PNG image is received or ".gif" if a (non-animated) GIF image is received.  The URL's would need to be changed to match the file type:

        http://www.tima.com/~djones2/image1.jpg
        http://www.tima.com/~djones2/image1.png
        http://www.tima.com/~djones2/image1.gif

        73 Dave KB4YZ

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2008
          --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Dave Jones <djones@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jerry,
          >
          > If EasyPal is not sending the files to your server, then the
          problem is
          > likely to be with the FTP Setup. Mine works with "www" as the Web
          > Directory. I have found that the filename extension can be changed
          > ".png" if a PNG image is received or ".gif" if a (non-animated) GIF
          > image is received. The URL's would need to be changed to match the
          file
          > type:
          >
          > http://www.tima.com/~djones2/image1.jpg
          > http://www.tima.com/~djones2/image1.png
          > http://www.tima.com/~djones2/image1.gif
          >
          > 73 Dave KB4YZ
          >
          > jerryswords wrote:
          >
          > > I installed the template on my web page for uploading the easypal
          > > pictures, also setup the FTP in the easypal program but for some
          reason
          > > the program is,nt uploading or changing the file name to
          image1.jpg is
          > > there something else needed for this to work ? or could I have
          the ftp
          > > setup wrong?
          > >
          > > N8WBV

          Ok thanks Dave
          With your help on setting the ftp directory it's now working fine,
          uploading the pictures to the web cam.
          thanks again
          Jerry