Easypal and Hamdrm.dll

  • David Myers
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2008
      Hi all,

      Have just upgraded a friends computer from Windows ME to XP. Have installed Easypal 28 April 2008 but will not run. Says it needs Library file hamdrm.dll but I have it installed in the easypal directory as well as in the Windows directoey in several places. I have even tried differnt versions of hamdrm and also earlier versions of Easypal. Still no go.

      I have it running on my own computers (XP and Vista Ultimate) with no problems at all. (My Vista computer does not have hamdrm.dll installed at all).

      Any ideas?

      Dave  VK2RD / VE3DFK

      30MDG # 39
      DMC # 775

      Forget the Internet. Come and talk to real people.
      Welcome to the world of  Amateur Radio
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2008

        Hi David:

        First, make sure there is only one instance of EasyPal on the computer..Do a clean sweep, and remove all and run a registry cleaner ( Advanced Windows Care is fre and works very well) Then reinstall EasyPal 28.. Also are you running XP SP2 ? windows.  If this doesnt't make a difference I'm told that installing HamPal will place the Hamdrm.dll in the registry then EasyPal can use it (Install HamPal, but don't use it, just the install).. Hamdrm should not be in the EasyPal folder only in the system files!!!

        Lets try that for starts..If that doesn't work let me know,, Erik is on vacation for another week or 2 and he will know the answer if Dave ( KB4YZ) does not.

        Garrett / AA0OI

        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2008
          another thing,, many times if EasyPal can no find the sound card, it can cause a problem..Makes sure one is installed and that EasyPal is pointed to it in set up.

          Garrett / AA0OI

          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2008
            ( You'd think that I would think of all these things at once,, but I have Old Times)  Join us on 7.173 during the day and we can help walk you through any problems)

            Garrett / AA0OI

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2008
              David Myers wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > Have just upgraded a friends computer from Windows ME to XP. Have
              > installed Easypal 28 April 2008 but will not run. Says it needs
              > Library file *hamdrm.dll* but I have it installed in the easypal
              > directory as well as in the Windows directoey in several places. I
              > have even tried differnt versions of *hamdrm* and also earlier
              > versions of Easypal. Still no go.
              >
              > I have it running on my own computers (XP and Vista Ultimate) with no
              > problems at all. (My Vista computer does not have hamdrm.dll installed
              > at all).
              >
              > Any ideas?
              >
              > Dave VK2RD / VE3DFK
              >
              > 30MDG # 39
              > DMC # 775
              >
              > Forget the Internet. Come and talk to real people.
              > Welcome to the world of Amateur Radio

              David -

              I have had the exact same problem running EasyPal but on Windows 2000.
              After considerable experimenting I found a work around that enables me
              to run the program. When EasyPal tries to run but fails, I have found
              that it creates several new dll's in the main directory. I have found
              that if I delete msvcrt.dll from the main directory and then run the
              Deep Memory Clean tool contained within Advanced Windows Care Personal
              (Free), EasyPal will now load and run perfectly. I am not a computer
              expert and cannot explain why this technique works. All I know is that
              it works on my computer. I hope this helps. Let us know how you
              resolve your problem.

              Ken, K9PGC
              Message 6 of 7 , May 1, 2008
                >> Have just upgraded a friends computer from Windows ME to XP. Have
                >> installed Easypal 28 April 2008 but will not run. Says it needs
                >> Library file *hamdrm.dll* but I have it installed in the easypal
                >> directory as well as in the Windows directoey in several places. I
                >> have even tried differnt versions of *hamdrm* and also earlier
                >> versions of Easypal. Still no go.
                >>
                >> I have it running on my own computers (XP and Vista Ultimate) with no
                >> problems at all. (My Vista computer does not have hamdrm.dll installed
                >> at all).
                >>
                >> Any ideas?
                >>
                >> Dave VK2RD / VE3DFK
                >>
                >> 30MDG # 39
                >> DMC # 775
                >>
                >> Forget the Internet. Come and talk to real people.
                >> Welcome to the world of Amateur Radio
                >>
                > David -
                >
                > I have had the exact same problem running EasyPal but on Windows 2000.
                > After considerable experimenting I found a work around that enables me
                > to run the program. When EasyPal tries to run but fails, I have found
                > that it creates several new dll's in the main directory. I have found
                > that if I delete msvcrt.dll from the main directory and then run the
                > Deep Memory Clean tool contained within Advanced Windows Care Personal
                > (Free), EasyPal will now load and run perfectly. I am not a computer
                > expert and cannot explain why this technique works. All I know is that
                > it works on my computer. I hope this helps. Let us know how you
                > resolve your problem.
                >
                > Ken, K9PGC

                "The main directory"? EasyPal's or system32? You do not want to delete it
                from System32 "fer shure".

                {^_^} Joanne W6MKU
              • Ken Koval
                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2008
                  > >> Have just upgraded a friends computer from Windows ME to XP. Have
                  > >> installed Easypal 28 April 2008 but will not run. Says it needs
                  > >> Library file *hamdrm.dll* but I have it installed in the easypal
                  > >> directory as well as in the Windows directoey in several places. I
                  > >> have even tried differnt versions of *hamdrm* and also earlier
                  > >> versions of Easypal. Still no go.
                  > >>
                  > >> I have it running on my own computers (XP and Vista Ultimate) with no
                  > >> problems at all. (My Vista computer does not have hamdrm.dll installed
                  > >> at all).
                  > >>
                  > >> Any ideas?
                  > >>
                  > >> Dave VK2RD / VE3DFK
                  > >>
                  > >> 30MDG # 39
                  > >> DMC # 775
                  > >>
                  > >> Forget the Internet. Come and talk to real people.
                  > >> Welcome to the world of Amateur Radio
                  > >>
                  > > David -
                  > >
                  > > I have had the exact same problem running EasyPal but on Windows 2000.
                  > > After considerable experimenting I found a work around that enables me
                  > > to run the program. When EasyPal tries to run but fails, I have found
                  > > that it creates several new dll's in the main directory. I have found
                  > > that if I delete msvcrt.dll from the main directory and then run the
                  > > Deep Memory Clean tool contained within Advanced Windows Care Personal
                  > > (Free), EasyPal will now load and run perfectly. I am not a computer
                  > > expert and cannot explain why this technique works. All I know is that
                  > > it works on my computer. I hope this helps. Let us know how you
                  > > resolve your problem.
                  > >
                  > > Ken, K9PGC
                  >
                  > "The main directory"? EasyPal's or system32? You do not want to delete it
                  > from System32 "fer shure".
                  >
                  > {^_^} Joanne W6MKU

                  Joanne -

                  Sorry I wasn't clear in my post. I delete msvcrt.dll from the EasyPal
                  main directory. I would never recommend messing around with the
                  System32 files.

                  Ken, K9PGC