Easypal help needed!!!!

  • kg4pqj
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 28, 2008
      I have installed easypal on my computer which is running window
      vista.After the installation the program would not run. It keeps
      saying it cant find "hamdrm.dll" Am I installing it correctly or is
      there a compatibility issue with window vista. Your help is greatly
      appreciated
    • Garnet Bebermeyer
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 29, 2008
        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "kg4pqj" <jdoe66@...> wrote:

        Get a hold of KC1CS at kc1cs@.... He is the pro on getting
        Easypal to work on vista

        BEB

        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 29, 2008
          Hi Court,

          I have a new computer with Vista. If I have the line-in plug for the
          soundcard a little bit loose, I will get this message. Other SSTV
          programs will report that the soundcard is not available. Make sure
          that your interface is properly connected to the soundcard and the
          proper input is selected.

          73 Dave KB4YZ

          kg4pqj wrote:

          >I have installed easypal on my computer which is running window
          >vista.After the installation the program would not run. It keeps
          >saying it cant find "hamdrm.dll" Am I installing it correctly or is
          >there a compatibility issue with window vista. Your help is greatly
          >appreciated

        • Bob John
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 29, 2008
            Upgrade Vista to XP!

            > I have installed easypal on my computer which is running window
            > vista.After the installation the program would not run. It keeps
            > saying it cant find "hamdrm.dll" Am I installing it correctly or is
            > there a compatibility issue with window vista. Your help is greatly
            > appreciated

            Checked by AVG.
          • Garnet Bebermeyer
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 29, 2008
              --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "Bob John" <aa8x@...> wrote:

              >You can't upgrade Vista to XP, but you can upgrade XP to Vista.
              KC1CS does not have any problem with Vista. You need to know how to
              set it up.

              BEB

              > Upgrade Vista to XP!

              3/28/2008 10:58 AM

            • David Myers
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 29, 2008
                Hi Court,

                I had same issue here.
                Right click on the Easypal Icon and go to properties.
                Click on the Compatibility Tab and check the 'Run this
                program in compatibility mode for:'
                and select Windows XP and SP2, also check the 'Run this
                program as an administrator box'.

                Have had to use this for a number of programs where they
                hang or will not start in Vista.

                Hope this helps

                Regards,

                Dave VK2RD
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 8, 2008
                  I have installed service pack 1 for Vista on two computers. Now, DIGTRX
                  will install and run. So far I have not found any problems.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 8, 2008
                    Except He can't receive e-mail from Garrett/AA0OI  !! ha ha ha

                    Garrett / AA0OI

                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 8, 2008
                      Hello Dave,

                      I've had DIGTRX on three different computers and have had it lock up
                      after an hour or so of operating. Unclear why, but there it is. It ran for
                      quite a while after installing the newer DLL but then, for some reason,
                      it began to lock up. Of course, your mileage is doubtless better. Since
                      the program is no longer supported it seemed pointless to mention it.

                      Prior to the newer DLL, I was enjoying the program muchly, as I've
                      mentioned to you in other messages. It's a killer program, IMHO

                      Howard

                      >I have installed service pack 1 for Vista on two computers. Now, DIGTRX
                      > will install and run. So far I have not found any problems.
                      >
                      > 73 Dave KB4YZ
                    • Garnet Bebermeyer
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
                        ---
                        In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "W6IDS" <w6ids@...> wrote:

                        >Why would anyone want to put Digtrx on Vista. It is a program of the
                        past. Easypal is a much better program and is still having updates.
                        BEB

                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
                          Hi Beb,

                          I have been running DIGTRX for only one day on my Vista computer and already it has been helpful.  I was able to view the RX log file to verify the modes that were used by each sender.

                          73 Dave KB4YZ

                          Garnet Bebermeyer wrote:

                          ---
                          In digsstv@yahoogroups .com, "W6IDS" <w6ids@...> wrote:

                          >Why would anyone want to put Digtrx on Vista. It is a program of the
                          past. Easypal is a much better program and is still having updates.
                          BEB

                        • Charles "AI4RI" Blackburn
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
                            unfortunately I can't get either to run on my vista laptop (see previous threads about it).

                            windrm works fine though :|

                            charlie
                            ai4ri/2e0gom
                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
                              --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Dave Jones <djones@...> wrote:

                              Digtrx does not copy encode sent pictures. 95% of hams send encode.
                              Is hams on 40 meter going back to Digtrx???

                              BEB

                              > Hi Beb,
                              >
                              > I have been running DIGTRX for only one day on my Vista computer
                              and
                              > already it has been helpful. I was able to view the RX log file to
                              > verify the modes that were used by each sender.
                              >
                              > 73 Dave KB4YZ
                              >
                              > Garnet Bebermeyer wrote:
                              >
                              > > ---
                              > > In digsstv@yahoogroups.com <mailto:digsstv%
                              40yahoogroups.com>, "W6IDS"
                              > > <w6ids@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > >Why would anyone want to put Digtrx on Vista. It is a program of
                              the
                              > > past. Easypal is a much better program and is still having
                              updates.
                              > > BEB

                            • W6IDS
                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
                                Hmmmm.... I dunno - you might ask Dave that.

                                Just curious, why would DIGTRX be a program of the past?
                                Lack of support not withstanding. Just asking.

                                Howard W6IDS
                                Richmond, IN

                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
                                  Yeh, there's another late model program. Where exactly is it being used?
                                  There's a few nets featuring EasyPAL but I can't recollect any users
                                  with WinDRM.........which means nothing at all frankly. Well, there's
                                  WinDRM and another new variant that's slick but due to a Senior
                                  Moment I can't remember the name. I wonder if that one program is
                                  used for digital voice perhaps only and not pix transfer. I know that
                                  WinDRM does both and I was going to try it out.

                                  Howard W6IDS
                                  Richmond, IN

                                  > unfortunately I can't get either to run on my vista laptop (see previous
                                  > threads about it).
                                  >
                                  > windrm works fine though :|
                                  >
                                  > charlie
                                  > ai4ri/2e0gom

                                  <SNIP> <SNIP>
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
                                    Try the latest Easypal which has a new compiler and was written with Vista.. I have heard of now problems now..  08Xapr08

                                    Garrett / AA0OI

                                    >>Why would anyone want to put Digtrx on Vista. It is a program of the
                                    > past. Easypal is a much better program and is still having updates.

                                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                                  • Kirk
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008

                                      Howard,

                                      What your thinking of is FDMDV.  It is strictly digital voice.  There is a growing group of us using it on 14.236 as well as other bands.  Please check out http://groups.google.com/group/fdmdv?hl=en&lnk=srg

                                      All the files and instructions are in this group for FDMDV.  While you’re at it, please join the group.  We would love to have you. If you need additional help or have questions please let me know.

                                      Regards,

                                      Kirk, K6KAR

                                      Niceville, FL

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Apr 13, 2008
                                        I am using Easypal with VISTA SP1.

                                        I originally had problems, and these problems turned out to be caused
                                        by running Easypal in XP compatibility mode.

                                        I eliminated using XP compatibility mode and EasyPal works well.

                                        Lesson learned: Do not use any compatibility mode for a program unless
                                        it really requires it. The compatibility modes are far from perfect
                                        and can cause problems.