Re: [digsstv] A little advice

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hi Bob,

      You might try uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 to see if that helps.

      73 Dave KB4YZ

      Robert E. Perry wrote:
      I have two computer working in the ham shack. When I try and load EASY-PAL on both it goes on but when I try and open I get:
              ( Wait Easy Pal Initializing ) that as far as it goes. So I'm sure it something I'm doing wrong.

      KA0AGC
      Bob

    • Dave 'Doc' Corio
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
        Uninstalling Adobe may not be necessary. When I had problems with
        another ham application, Adobe was the first place I looked, having
        heard that it might be the culprit. Two things I did seem to have fixed
        the problem:

        1. Turn off the auto-update feature in Adobe. Unfortunately, in
        version 8, this can only be done by allowing it to start an update, and
        then canceling it. The 'switch' to turn it off is well-hidden in a
        screen that is only available when the program is actually in the
        process of trying to update.

        2. Click on 'START', 'Run', and place 'MSCONFIG' in the window and
        click 'OK'. In the window this produces, click on the 'Startup' tab. In
        the 'Startup Item' column, find the 'Reader_SL' item and click on the
        checkmark in the box to the left to clear it. This will prevent it from
        running on startup.

        Hopefully this will help. It did the trick with my problem, and
        allowed me to keep Adobe on my computer so I could still open .pdf files.

        GL es 73
        Dave KB3MOW