A little advice

  • Robert E. Perry
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
      I have two computer working in the ham shack. When I try and load EASY-PAL on both it goes on but when I try and open I get:
              ( Wait Easy Pal Initializing ) that as far as it goes. So I'm sure it something I'm doing wrong.

      KA0AGC
      Bob

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
        Hi Bob,

        You might try uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 to see if that helps.

        73 Dave KB4YZ

        Robert E. Perry wrote:
        I have two computer working in the ham shack. When I try and load EASY-PAL on both it goes on but when I try and open I get:
                ( Wait Easy Pal Initializing ) that as far as it goes. So I'm sure it something I'm doing wrong.

        KA0AGC
        Bob

      • Dave 'Doc' Corio
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
          Uninstalling Adobe may not be necessary. When I had problems with
          another ham application, Adobe was the first place I looked, having
          heard that it might be the culprit. Two things I did seem to have fixed
          the problem:

          1. Turn off the auto-update feature in Adobe. Unfortunately, in
          version 8, this can only be done by allowing it to start an update, and
          then canceling it. The 'switch' to turn it off is well-hidden in a
          screen that is only available when the program is actually in the
          process of trying to update.

          2. Click on 'START', 'Run', and place 'MSCONFIG' in the window and
          click 'OK'. In the window this produces, click on the 'Startup' tab. In
          the 'Startup Item' column, find the 'Reader_SL' item and click on the
          checkmark in the box to the left to clear it. This will prevent it from
          running on startup.

          Hopefully this will help. It did the trick with my problem, and
          allowed me to keep Adobe on my computer so I could still open .pdf files.

          GL es 73
          Dave KB3MOW