EASYPAL updates

  • Doug Tennent
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 1, 2007
      I would like to ask Erik VK4AES if he would be kind enough
      to send a mailing to this group , describing or outlining any mods
      or updates he may make or incorporate into this great programme.

      Thanks and 73
      Doug ZL1AVY
    • Bill D.
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 18, 2007
        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "eriksradio" <esundstrup@...> wrote:

        > Some components of EasyPal have been compiled with VC2005.
        > This can cause the above problems on some systems.
        >
        > The safest cure is to statically link EasyPal.exe with the MSVCRT
        library.

        > To do this:
        >
        > 1. Locate your msvcrt.dll in the "windows\system32\" directory
        > 2. Copy to the EasyPal directory.
        > 3. Rename to "msvcr80.dll".
        > 4. This will work with all the MSVC?80 family including
        > msvcp80.dll and msvcm80.dll.
        >
        > A manifest file in EasyPal to do this works for some but not all.
        > Including these dll's in the distribution works for some but not
        all.

        > There are so many versions of the above files that the safest method
        > is the above. Vista and XP also have differences.
        >
        > Erik VK4AES

        Hi,

        I just downloaded EasyPal Ver 19/DEC/07 Beta and had this problem
        when trying to LoadPic. I followed these instructions and it seemed
        to work. Just for information I am using an Asus laptop, less than 6
        months old with Vista Home Premium. I also have Adobe Reader 8.1.0
        along with other Adobe stuff.
        I am just getting back into HAM after about 20 years of being away. I
        am also just getting into SSTV and digital modes. It will take me a
        while to figure it all out, but it will be fun.

        Bill KE5YA