MSVCR80.DLL missing help.

  • eriksradio
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 21, 2007
      Some components of EasyPal have been compiled with VC2005.
      This can cause the above problems on some systems.

      The safest cure is to statically link EasyPal.exe with the MSVCRT library.

      To do this:

      1. Locate your msvcrt.dll in the "windows\system32\" directory
      2. Copy to the EasyPal directory.
      3. Rename to "msvcr80.dll".
      4. This will work with all the MSVC?80 family including
      msvcp80.dll and msvcm80.dll.

      A manifest file in EasyPal to do this works for some but not all.
      Including these dll's in the distribution works for some but not all.

      There are so many versions of the above files that the safest method
      is the above. Vista and XP also have differences.

      Erik VK4AES
    • Bill D.
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 18, 2007
        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "eriksradio" <esundstrup@...> wrote:

        > Some components of EasyPal have been compiled with VC2005.
        > This can cause the above problems on some systems.
        >
        > The safest cure is to statically link EasyPal.exe with the MSVCRT
        library.

        > To do this:
        >
        > 1. Locate your msvcrt.dll in the "windows\system32\" directory
        > 2. Copy to the EasyPal directory.
        > 3. Rename to "msvcr80.dll".
        > 4. This will work with all the MSVC?80 family including
        > msvcp80.dll and msvcm80.dll.
        >
        > A manifest file in EasyPal to do this works for some but not all.
        > Including these dll's in the distribution works for some but not
        all.

        > There are so many versions of the above files that the safest method
        > is the above. Vista and XP also have differences.
        >
        > Erik VK4AES

        Hi,

        I just downloaded EasyPal Ver 19/DEC/07 Beta and had this problem
        when trying to LoadPic. I followed these instructions and it seemed
        to work. Just for information I am using an Asus laptop, less than 6
        months old with Vista Home Premium. I also have Adobe Reader 8.1.0
        along with other Adobe stuff.
        I am just getting back into HAM after about 20 years of being away. I
        am also just getting into SSTV and digital modes. It will take me a
        while to figure it all out, but it will be fun.

        Bill KE5YA