16 bit MsDos Subsystem ERROR Solved

  • Rui Manuel
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2007
      Greetings

      Well finally I have solved the MSDOS 16 error with the c.exe file in
      EasyPal.
      It was a fail in the registry, for those with the same problem, here
      is what I have done.

      If this kind of errors appeared

      SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers. VDD. Virtual
      Device Driver format in the registry is invalid. Choose 'Close' to
      terminate the application.

      -Or-

      16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
      X:\Program Path
      An installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL initialization. Choose
      'Close' to terminate the application.

      This error occurs if the registry value VDD located at
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers
      becomes corrupted. To fix this, simply delete the VDD value in the
      above key and replace it with another named VDD with of the type
      REG_MULTI_SZ.

      Windows XP instructions:

      1. Click Start->Run and type Regedit. Click OK
      2. Navigate to
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers
      3. Delete the VDD value if any
      4. Click Edit->New->Multi-String Value
      5. Name the value VDD, press Enter

      With this I can now work with the waterfall programs to make pictures
      and txt wave files.

      The files are OK under the directory UserWaveFiles, however I can't
      play them in the program. I have tested them in DigTrx and they work
      fine in waterfall window with beautiful pictures.

      It is a great program and is working very well, and extremely fast.

      Thanks again for the nice program.

      RUI