Multi headers

  • aa0oi
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2007
      To The Who, it may concern:

      3 years ago we were having emailings between a group of us, and I kept
      suggesting multiple headers embedded in the digital file..someone here
      told me several time ( very gruffly) that I "did not understand and
      that it could not be done" (we were using HamPal at the time).
      Well here we are 3 yrs down the road, and in new EasyPal, the header
      (file count and name) are embedded 4 times ,, making the chances of
      receiving the file far better (or requesting a fix)..
      To the person that told me "you don't understand, it can't be done",
      There is "NOTHING" that can't be done, only people who say "it can't".
      People who can't fly for a living, work for F.A.A.,, People who aren't
      hams, work for F.C.C., people who can't govern, work for the government.
      It is sad in this day and age that "some" of the people who teach our
      children, are the ones who say "You can't".
      Trust me,, "IT CAN BE DONE"
      "Don't ever give up, don't ever give in" (Galaxy Quest)

      Garrett / AA0OI

      PS: Thanks Eric for such a great program !!!
    • Boog Moore

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2007
          > the header
          > are embedded 4 times ,making the chances of
          > receiving the file far better (or requesting a fix)..

          Most of the "old style" programs are able to request a fix without ever
          having seen the header. It was simply not necessary to send multiple
          headers then.

          This changed with the introduction of RS coded files. You do not have to
          receive all segments of the RS-coded file to get a 100% accurate
          picture. But you have to get the header !

          So with rs-coded files sending the header 4 times makes perfect sense.
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2007
            Hi Troy:
            Anything CAN be done. They jump off the side of the Grand Canyon all the time ( or they did until the government made them stop), parachute, hand gliders, body gliders.. And everyone of them was told that they would be killed in the fall.. but they did it and survived.. ( so did those crazy guys call the Wright brothers, who were told by almost everyone that it was impossible to fly)  If there is a will there is a way (you can't go to the moon !!) __ ( even though that ones still up in the air- no pun intended)
            Adobe 8.1,, it did not cause a problem with EasyPal.. It was Adobe 8.0 which caused the problem ( and it caused it with many programs)  That's why 3 weeks after it came out, there was a fix called (you guessed it) 8.1. Now there is no more problem. ( huh, wonder why??)
            MixW and MMSSTV. How many upgrades and revisions for them??  Just MixW alone I found 15 (must be it wasn't perfect the first time!!).. MMSSTV -- I remember myself at least 6, but I can't find it anywhere. ( not perfect the first time either , I guess).
            Now ,, as for go and do something that I know about: would that be:
            computers ( I build them)
            Ham Radio (buy , sell , operate, repair)
            1st class radio telephone
            Flying ( I hold Commercial, sel, mel, ses, mes, CFI, CFII, GI, typed DC3, 747. and the list goes on)
            Shooting (M14 M1A, M16 sp1 and 2), black powder 50 cal Hawkins, pistol Berretta 92fs, and Glock 17. ( I practice once a week)
            Backpacking and wilderness survival ( until my back gave out) (spent 9 months backpacking on the Continental Divide from Wolf Creek Pass, CO to Banff CA.) spent 3 years teaching wilderness survival to backpackers in CO.
            Scuba diving
            If its electrical or mechanical or plumbing, I can probably fix it,or build it (not so good with wood,, everything I make turns out to be an ash tray. ) But have built 3 houses.
            Just sold my Harley Sportster ( too many nuts on the roads)
            Play guitar ( rhythm and lead) Alvarez Yuri
            Sail Boat, power boat (own the power, rent the sail)
            Bass fish ( I competed when I lived in Florida)
            and if I had 10 more pages I could go on..

            "Variety is the spice of life !!"
            I know something about everything, and very little about nothing.
            So when you tell me to go do something that I "know" something about,, that pretty much includes everything.  ( and if I don't know it,, I can dam well learn it !!)

            Garrett / AA0OI

            aa0oi <aa0oi@yahoo. com> wrote:

[...]

            Luggage? GPS? Comic books?