HamPal user

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 2 3:57 PM
      Hello may i ask for help please,i have downloaded a copy of Hampal !
      from the site www.kb1hj.com ! ( HamPal09jan06.zip ) after installing i
      am told the program wont run because the - hamdrm.dll is missing -,i
      have tried several downloads but all are the same - can anyone tell me
      where i can get the named .dll from please.

      Thank You.

      Terry.
    • Andrew O'Brien

        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 3 6:21 AM
          Uninstall Adobe Acrobat 8. Hamdrm.dll is not needed.

          73 Dave KB4YZ

          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 3 6:22 AM
            Hi Terry:
            You might go to Daves site ( KB4YZ) and email him.. he will probley have an idea.. But, you will find that on 40 and 20 meters that most are now running EasyPal Full 30June07.  On 80 meters its still Hampal.. EasyPal can also be gotten off Daves site..  http://www.kiva.net/~djones/   or KC1CS site
            http://www.kc1cs.com/digi.htm  ..   hope to see you soon on 40 meters , we are there most days 9am to 4pm or so..

            Garrett / AA0OI

            Hello may i ask for help please,i have downloaded a copy of Hampal !
            from the site www.kb1hj.com ! ( HamPal09jan06. zip ) after installing i
            am told the program wont run because the - hamdrm.dll is missing -,i
            have tried several downloads but all are the same - can anyone tell me
            where i can get the named .dll from please.

            Thank You.

            Terry.

            in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
            to find your fit.
          • dxspotter
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 3 6:24 AM

              Hello may i ask for help please,i have downloaded a copy of Hampal !
              from the site www.kb1hj.com ! ( HamPal09jan06. zip ) after installing i
              am told the program wont run because the - hamdrm.dll is missing -,i
              have tried several downloads but all are the same - can anyone tell me
              where i can get the named .dll from please.

              Thank You.

              Terry.

              Moderator Central

              Get answers to

              your questions about

              running Y! Groups.

              Sell Online

              Start selling with

              our award-winning

              e-commerce tools.

              Yahoo! Groups

              Join a yoga group

              and take the stress

              out of your life.

            • dxspotter
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 3 6:29 AM
                Hello Andy.
                                  Thanks for the link,I have now downloaded the DLL and unzipped it into my Hampal directory but I am still getting the below error report.

                Executable c:\radio\hampal.exe had the following unrecoverable error.
                Couldn't find library hamdrm.DLL ( required by c:\radio\hampal.exe )
                Please ensure that it is installed.

                I am able to see the DLL in the default Hampal directory - any ideas please.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 3 6:42 AM
                    Terry
                    You must also put a copy of hamdrm.dll in your
                    WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 folder also. If that doesn't work
                    try downloading DIGTRX (which is also a digital
                    sstv program) and copy the hamdrm.dll from that
                    program into Hampal and also into your WINDOWS/
                    SYSTEM32 FOLDER.

                    JOE - WA6DDF

                    --- dxspotter <dxspotter@...>

                  • dxspotter
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 3 6:51 AM

                      Hello Thanks for the replies.
                                                                      Have placed the .DLL in the system folder of windows also the sub folder of system32 however still no luck I am getting the same error report.
                      I am beginning to wonder if it is this new O.S !! Vista !! That is causing the problem.

                      Just had a call from the XYL lunch is about ready - I shall have another go later this afternoon.

                      Thank You.

                      Terry.
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 3 6:59 AM
                        Terry:
                        I had forgotten that Adobe reader 8.0 causes problems with HamPal.  As Dave said, if you have 8.0 on your computer ,, revert back to 7.0.. this will fix the problem.  ( I think)

                        Garrett / AA0OI

                        Hello may i ask for help please,i have downloaded a copy of Hampal !
                        from the site www.kb1hj.com ! ( HamPal09jan06. zip ) after installing i
                        am told the program wont run because the - hamdrm.dll is missing -,i
                        have tried several downloads but all are the same - can anyone tell me
                        where i can get the named .dll from please.

                        Thank You.

                        Terry.

                        Building a website is a piece of cake.
                      • Troy Moore
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 3 8:49 AM
                          ALL you folks have it WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! Adobe 8 DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH
                          EASYPAL!!!!!!!!!! Adobe and their software was here LONG before Eric
                          Subdstrup. Eric has a lot of work to do.

                          ARS N4CTF
                          Boog Moore
                          n4ctf@...

                          >From: AA0OI <aa0oi@...>
                          >To: digsstv@yahoogroups.com
                          >Subject: Re: [digsstv] HamPal user
                          >Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 06:59:31 -0700 (PDT)
                          >
                          >Terry:
                          >I had forgotten that Adobe reader 8.0 causes problems with HamPal. As Dave
                          >said, if you have 8.0 on your computer ,, revert back to 7.0.. this will
                          >fix the problem. ( I think)
                          >
                          >Garrett / AA0OI

                          http://liveearth.msn.com
                        • Troy Moore
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 3 8:52 AM
                            WHY should we have to do all this copy/transfer/paste? It doesn't need to be
                            done with the other software/freeware/shareware. So how can folks say that
                            other programs interfere with EasyPal? Seems to me it is the other way
                            around.

                            ARS N4CTF
                            Boog Moore
                            n4ctf@...

                            http://newlivehotmail.com
                          • Troy Moore
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 3 8:53 AM
                              This EasyPal junk has gone just about far enough. I am tired of EasyPal
                              locking my computer.

                              ARS N4CTF
                              Boog Moore
                              n4ctf@...

                              >From: Dave Jones <djones@...>
                              >To: digsstv@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: Re: [digsstv] HamPal user
                              >Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:21:30 -0400
                              >
                              >Uninstall Adobe Acrobat 8. Hamdrm.dll is not needed.
                              >
                              >73 Dave KB4YZ
                              >

                              >Terry wrote:
                              >
                              > >Hello may i ask for help please,i have downloaded a copy of Hampal !
                              > >from the site www.kb1hj.com ! ( HamPal09jan06.zip ) after installing i
                              > >am told the program wont run because the - hamdrm.dll is missing -,i
                              > >have tried several downloads but all are the same - can anyone tell me
                              > >where i can get the named .dll from please.
                              > >
                              > >Thank You.
                              > >

                              > >Terry.

                              http://liveearth.msn.com
                            • Ken N9VV
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jul 3 10:07 AM
                                Ah Men!! I gave up on it. Darn shame. Someone of the talented
                                programmers will take on an OPEN SOURCE version and kill off all the
                                "Pal" code. I think John Melton in England is trying to make a new
                                console with Java. Maybe he can be persuaded to work on digi SSTV too ;-)
                                all the best,
                                de ken n9vv

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jul 3 10:28 AM
                                  YAWN

                                  Garrett / AA0OI

                                  n4ctf@hotmail. com

                                  http://liveearth. msn.com

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jul 3 11:45 AM
                                    Hi Ken:
                                    what kinds of problems are you having with it??  Join us on 7.173 during the day and we will see if we can help you..  Of the several hundred people that are using it, round me, we are working out the very minor bugs ( I use it 6 hrs a day, 7 days a week with no problems,, keeping my fingures X).. EasyPal was out before Adobe 8.0 and the new (Adobe 8.1) may have fixed the problem.  Also look under "Problem Solver -- BETA) in KC1CS's website.  Please email me if I can help.. Or ask Dave KB4YZ
                                    Garrett / AA0OI

                                    Troy Moore wrote:

                                    > This EasyPal junk has gone just about far enough. I am tired of EasyPal
                                    > locking my computer.
                                    >
                                    > ARS N4CTF
                                    > Boog Moore
                                    > n4ctf@hotmail. com <mailto:n4ctf% 40hotmail. com>

                                    Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
                                  • Ed Gabbard
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jul 3 3:57 PM
                                      I spent a three day weekend messing with this program. I had a good solid signal and sound, but no picture. I located the e-mail address of one of the guys I heard on the radio, and e-mails him, he said you have a spacific version written on some spacific day of the week to make it work. I tracked down the file, and installed it as per the instructions, and the same old think. No pictures.

                                      Ed
                                      KD5DPK

                                      Troy Moore <n4ctf@...> wrote:
                                      This EasyPal junk has gone just about far enough. I am tired of EasyPal
                                      locking my computer.

                                      ARS N4CTF
                                      Boog Moore
                                      n4ctf@hotmail. com

                                      >From: Dave Jones <djones@tima. com>
                                      >To: digsstv@yahoogroups .com
                                      >Subject: Re: [digsstv] HamPal user
                                      >Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:21:30 -0400
                                      >X-OriginalArrivalT ime: 03 Jul 2007 13:25:11.0218 (UTC)
                                      >FILETIME=[95031920 :01C7BD75]
                                      >
                                      >Uninstall Adobe Acrobat 8. Hamdrm.dll is not needed.
                                      >
                                      >73 Dave KB4YZ
                                      >

                                      >Terry wrote:
                                      >
                                      > >Hello may i ask for help please,i have downloaded a copy of Hampal !
                                      > >from the site www.kb1hj.com ! ( HamPal09jan06. zip ) after installing i
                                      > >am told the program wont run because the - hamdrm.dll is missing -,i
                                      > >have tried several downloads but all are the same - can anyone tell me
                                      > >where i can get the named .dll from please.
                                      > >
                                      > >Thank You.
                                      > >

                                      > >Terry.

                                      http://liveearth. msn.com

                                    • Troy Moore
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jul 3 4:18 PM
                                        If you used it that long and no problems, then you are the exception and not
                                        the rule. Compared to a MAJOR software company it is irreleveant which
                                        program was out first. Easy Pal should do, as most other freeware/ahareware
                                        programs do and be written to the operating system, not the reverse. DigTrx,
                                        WinDrm and the multimode programs do not have these kinds of problems, minor
                                        or not. They work and you don't have to copy, replace or otherwise modify
                                        your existing op system or software. But I forgot Garrett..........you are a
                                        software engineer that is smarter than those working for Bill Gates and the
                                        Adobe folks.

                                        ARS N4CTF
                                        Boog Moore
                                        n4ctf@...

                                        >From: AA0OI <aa0oi@...>
                                        >To: digsstv@yahoogroups.com
                                        >Subject: Re: [digsstv] HamPal user
                                        >Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:45:15 -0700 (PDT)
                                        >
                                        >Hi Ken:
                                        >what kinds of problems are you having with it?? Join us on 7.173 during
                                        >the day and we will see if we can help you.. Of the several hundred people
                                        >that are using it, round me, we are working out the very minor bugs ( I use
                                        >it 6 hrs a day, 7 days a week with no problems,, keeping my fingures X)..
                                        >EasyPal was out before Adobe 8.0 and the new (Adobe 8.1) may have fixed the
                                        >problem. Also look under "Problem Solver -- BETA) in KC1CS's website.
                                        >Please email me if I can help.. Or ask Dave KB4YZ
                                        >
                                        >Garrett / AA0OI

                                        http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtextlinkjuly07
                                      • Troy Moore
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jul 4 6:04 AM
                                          This is for KD5DPK.................Go to <<http://www.kb1hj.com>>. From
                                          there you can download any program you choose. I mainly use digtrx and
                                          windrm. I have no problems with them.

                                          ARS N4CTF
                                          Boog Moore
                                          n4ctf@...
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jul 4 6:41 AM
                                            YAWN

                                            PS: we can send a ham down to set it up for you and get it to work, or join us on 7.173 and we'll see if we can get it to work for you over the air... we'll be glad to help you..

                                            Garrett / AA0OI

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jul 4 6:52 AM
                                              YAWN

                                              PS: we can send a ham down to set it up for you and get it to work, or join us on 7.173 and we'll see if we can get it to work for you over the air... we'll be glad to help you

                                              Garrett / AA0OI

                                              If you used it that long and no problems, then you are the exception and not
                                              the rule. Compared to a MAJOR software company it is irreleveant which
                                              program was out first. Easy Pal should do, as most other freeware/ahareware
                                              programs do and be written to the operating system, not the reverse. DigTrx,
                                              WinDrm and the multimode programs do not have these kinds of problems, minor
                                              or not. They work and you don't have to copy, replace or otherwise modify
                                              your existing op system or software. But I forgot Garrett..... .....you are a
                                              software engineer that is smarter than those working for Bill Gates and the
                                              Adobe folks.

                                              ARS N4CTF
                                              Boog Moore
                                              n4ctf@hotmail. com

                                              >From: AA0OI <aa0oi@yahoo. com>
                                              >To: digsstv@yahoogroups .com
                                              >Subject: Re: [digsstv] HamPal user
                                              >Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:45:15 -0700 (PDT)
                                              >X-OriginalArrivalT ime: 03 Jul 2007 18:46:27.0777 (UTC)
                                              >FILETIME=[76BC9310 :01C7BDA2]
                                              >
                                              >Hi Ken:
                                              >what kinds of problems are you having with it?? Join us on 7.173 during
                                              >the day and we will see if we can help you.. Of the several hundred people
                                              >that are using it, round me, we are working out the very minor bugs ( I use
                                              >it 6 hrs a day, 7 days a week with no problems,, keeping my fingures X)..
                                              >EasyPal was out before Adobe 8.0 and the new (Adobe 8.1) may have fixed the
                                              >problem. Also look under "Problem
                                              Solver -- BETA) in KC1CS's website.
                                              >Please email me if I can help.. Or ask Dave KB4YZ
                                              >
                                              >Garrett / AA0OI

                                              Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jul 4 7:12 AM
                                                Hi Ed:
                                                Well,, don't know what ver you are ( or were) trying to use.. ( It may have been one of the earlier ones.. Now 30june07 is out and it is running well on most machines.. What windows are you using??
                                                Some people are still having minor problems, but no picture is not one that I have heard of.. If you have Progressive RX checked-- uncheck it--  This will cause problems in some machines .
                                                The other is over driving or under driving the input on the sound card ( to little or to much volume coming out of the radio). Input volume should show no more than about half signal (bar on the left)  Also a problem has been Adobe 8.0 (reverting back to 7.0 will fix)..]( are you getting pix's in the waterfall, when sent, or call signs, or call signs on the top of the page when someone sends??)
                                                Does HamPal or DigiTrx work all right on your system??  I have sent a copy of email to Dave to see if he has any ideas and ask around the group today to see if anyone else has any thoughts.  Let me know.. Other solutions can be found on  http://www.kc1cs.com/digi.htm  under "Problem Solver Beta"

                                                Garrett / AA0OI

                                                Troy Moore <n4ctf@hotmail. com> wrote:
                                                This EasyPal junk has gone just about far enough. I am tired of EasyPal
                                                locking my computer.

                                                ARS N4CTF
                                                Boog Moore
                                                n4ctf@hotmail. com

                                                >From: Dave Jones <djones@tima. com>
                                                >To: digsstv@yahoogroups .com
                                                >Subject: Re: [digsstv] HamPal user
                                                >Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:21:30 -0400
                                                >X-OriginalArrivalT ime: 03 Jul 2007 13:25:11.0218 (UTC)
                                                >FILETIME=[95031920 :01C7BD75]
                                                >
                                                >Uninstall Adobe Acrobat 8. Hamdrm.dll is not needed.
                                                >
                                                >73 Dave KB4YZ
                                                >

                                                >Terry wrote:
                                                >
                                                > >Hello may i ask for help please,i have downloaded a copy of Hampal !
                                                > >from the site www.kb1hj.com ! ( HamPal09jan06. zip ) after installing i
                                                > >am told the program wont run because the - hamdrm.dll is missing -,i
                                                > >have tried several downloads but all are the same - can anyone tell me
                                                > >where i can get the named .dll from please.
                                                > >
                                                > >Thank You.
                                                > >

                                                > >Terry.

                                                http://liveearth. msn.com

                                              • Gary - N3JPU
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jul 4 10:25 AM
                                                  Ed, if you radio has DSP is it turned off? Notch filters off? RX bandwidth
                                                  filters not excessively narrow?

                                                  Gary Mitchelson
                                                  N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD FM19
                                                  http://www.mitchelson.org/