Re: [digsstv] Desktop Icons

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
      Hi Joe,

      What you have done is placed the EXE file on the Desktop. What you need
      to do is move the EXE file to a folder, then place a SHORTCUT for the
      EXE onto the Desktop.

      73 Dave KB4YZ

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2007
        Either that or when you ran the installer you specified desktop as the destination. It's easy enough to do!

        As Dave says the safest method is to create a folder and put the install file in there and run it from there. That way you are less likely to fill the desktop with odd icons - it's still possible but a bit harder :-)

        As I have learnt from many many installs read the requester box BEFORE clicking next.

        Quite often the installer will ask you if you want to create a desktop icon (which is a shortcut to the running program) and sometimes a start menu entry will also be offered. It's your choice to accept or reject these. By preference I normally accept the desktop icon, and reject the start menu entry because I have my own menu system set up where I just mover the desktop icons into their own menu tree anyway.

        Andy

        On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 00:18:17 -0400
        Dave Jones <djones@...> wrote:

        > Hi Joe,
        >
        > What you have done is placed the EXE file on the Desktop. What you need
        > to do is move the EXE file to a folder, then place a SHORTCUT for the
        > EXE onto the Desktop.
        >
        > 73 Dave KB4YZ
        >
        > wa6ddf wrote:
        >
        > >I have just installed several DigSSTV programs in my computer
        > >and each program has installed an icon and other txt files on
        > >my desktop. I have installed 'EASYPAL_LITE, EASYPAL, HAMPAL',
        > >and now there are over 20 additional icons/files on my desktop.
        > >Are those programs suppose to do that, or am I doing something
        > >wrong here....

      • Joseph Faden Sr
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2007
          Thanks for the info Dave...
          After talking to KH6KA and N0PAO on 14.233mhz
          last night, they told me the same thing and I
          did it and now everything is okay...
          Again...thanks..

          Joe -WA6DDF