Re: error - partially solved

  • Ken N9VV
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 25, 2007
      Partially solved;
      I had been unzipping easypal_lite.exe into my own subdir (called
      EasyPal-Lite). When I unzipped it into c:\EasyPal_Lite-26-Feb-07 it
      now starts up and receives. I am still unable to load a pix to try Tx.
      de ken n9vv

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 25, 2007
        If WindowsDefender is loaded on the system this seems to be a bug in
        WindowsDefender.

        Go to microsoft.com and search for name of the DLL that is giving
        you problems.

        {^_^}
        >I must have some registry problem. I have both of the DLL files that
        > EasyPal has asked for MSVCP80.dll and MSVCR80.DLL
        >
        > I put msvcr80 and msvcp80 dll's in these subdirectories
        > C:\Windows
        > C:\Windows\System
        > C:\Windows\System32
        > C:\EasyPal_lite
        > and I still get the error.
        >
        > I can't even get EasyPal to load now. I was not able to load a Tx pix
        > before. Now it is totally inoperative.
        >
        > any suggestions?
        > TU de Ken N9VV <n9vv at wowway dot com>
      • fastcars21rrr
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2007
          --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "ve3wej gmail" <ve3wej@...> wrote:

          > i dont know where "you think of", but as far as I know it should
          only be in
          > windows/system or windows/sytem32 folder...
          >
          > and you would have to reboot to make it active.....
          >
          > I dont have it so I am not sure, but check the archives on this group,
          > because others had talked about it

          Ken, I solved this problem on mine by going back from Adobe reader 8
          to version 7.??. Don't know why & don't remember what led me there but
          it worked for me.
          Joe K5JW
        • Ken N9VV
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 27, 2007
            Thanks Joe, I am having references to a source version control
            utility called TortoiseSVN. I am sure it is a bogus reference, but
            boy this is one heck of a difficult problem to solve.

            Thanks for the tip on Adobe. I am now at version 8 and maybe I
            better step back to 7 also.

            thanks a lot for your input,
            de ken n9vv

            fastcars21rrr wrote:
            > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "ve3wej gmail" <ve3wej@...> wrote:
            >> i dont know where "you think of", but as far as I know it should
            > only be in
            >> windows/system or windows/sytem32 folder...
            >>
            >> and you would have to reboot to make it active.....
            >>
            >> I dont have it so I am not sure, but check the archives on this group,
            >> because others had talked about it

          • Ken Hopper
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2007
              no Windows Defender on this system. I have tried every suggestion
              including removing Adobe 8 and going back to Adobe 7 and a freeware
              PDF viewer ;-) Placed both MSCVR80.DLL and MSVCP80.DLL in various sub
              directories on my XP Pro system. Nothing allows me to use LoadPIC or
              LoadAny without the program blowing up.

              I am really anxious to sent my first pix but I am unable to with
              EasyPal_Lite (any version from March 5 back to January)

              I have various Registry cleaning utilities, AVG, and keep a good
              handle on what's on my system. But this one baffles me.

              other suggestions?
              TU de Ken N9VV