EasyPal Lite

  • nels_58701
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
      Is there a help file available for the EasyPal Lite Program?
      I'm new to the digital sstv world and need all the help I can
      get.

      73
      Nels W0TUP
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2007

        Hi Nels:

        I dont think there is a help file.. but please join us on 7.173 during the day (if you can)  where we would be glad to answer any questions you have.. we exchange pictures and talk about all the digital programs ( easypal lite) is at the top of our list right now..

        Garrett / AA0OI

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 16, 2007
          Well we removed Microsoft Defender and I can now open up the RX and TX
          for the sound card. So it looks like defender is the problem. Now I
          guess I have a choice to use defender on the computer or EasyPal Lite.
          Does any one have a work around for this problem or is everyone using
          EasyPal Lite not using Defender? Open for suggestions.

          73
          Art
          WB4MNK
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 16, 2007
            In that case the first option was the one to use.
            http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=415760&SiteID=2&PageID=1

            Check the second entry on this page of that set of forum messages:

            http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=415760&SiteID=2

            delete this file. c:\program files\windows defender\MSASCui.exe.manifest

            (I'd actually rename it.)

            (I'd also go get F-Secure or some other real AV tool. (Note that Norton
            is more regarded as a virus than as an anti-virus among the device
            driver community members.) Windows Defender is sort of weak protection.)

            {^_^}
            > Well we removed Microsoft Defender and I can now open up the RX and TX
            > for the sound card. So it looks like defender is the problem. Now I
            > guess I have a choice to use defender on the computer or EasyPal Lite.
            > Does any one have a work around for this problem or is everyone using
            > EasyPal Lite not using Defender? Open for suggestions.
            >
            > 73
            > Art
            > WB4MNK
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • ve3wej gmail
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 17, 2007
              what is ms defender.......

              > Well we removed Microsoft Defender and I can now open up the RX and TX
              > for the sound card. So it looks like defender is the problem. Now I
              > guess I have a choice to use defender on the computer or EasyPal Lite.
              > Does any one have a work around for this problem or is everyone using
              > EasyPal Lite not using Defender? Open for suggestions.
              >
              > 73
              > Art
              > WB4MNK
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Art
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 17, 2007

                73
                Art

                > Well we removed Microsoft Defender and I can now open up the RX and TX
                > for the sound card. So it looks like defender is the problem. Now I
                > guess I have a choice to use defender on the computer or EasyPal Lite.
                > Does any one have a work around for this problem or is everyone using
                > EasyPal Lite not using Defender? Open for suggestions.
                >
                > 73
                > Art
                > WB4MNK

                Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              • Art
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 17, 2007
                  Jdow, Tried the first one with no joy. Thanks for all the suggestions but guess will just stay with SSTV for now.

                  73
                  Art
                  WB4MNK

                  > Well we removed Microsoft Defender and I can now open up the RX and TX
                  > for the sound card. So it looks like defender is the problem. Now I
                  > guess I have a choice to use defender on the computer or EasyPal Lite.
                  > Does any one have a work around for this problem or is everyone using
                  > EasyPal Lite not using Defender? Open for suggestions.
                  >
                  > 73
                  > Art
                  > WB4MNK

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 17, 2007
                    Get a real anti-virus tool. They all include anti-spyware and other goodies
                    with them. (Note that an unprotected PC on the web is usually loaded down
                    with spyware, viruses, trojans, and worms within hours. If you have been
                    connected to the internet with no more protection than Windows Defender
                    you are very likely running an infected machine that causes problems. The
                    fellow I do most of my work for as a consultant was astonished at how much
                    junk his machine had picked up through his AOL account.)

                    {^_^}

                    > Well we removed Microsoft Defender and I can now open up the RX and TX
                    > for the sound card. So it looks like defender is the problem. Now I
                    > guess I have a choice to use defender on the computer or EasyPal Lite.
                    > Does any one have a work around for this problem or is everyone using
                    > EasyPal Lite not using Defender? Open for suggestions.
                    >
                    > 73
                    > Art
                    > WB4MNK

                    2:25 PM
                  • Art
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 17, 2007
                      Thanks for the information but Defender is not my only protection. At this point I feel that my computer is free of those kinds of problems but tomorrow who knows.

                      73,
                      Art

                      > Well we removed Microsoft Defender and I can now open up the RX and TX
                      > for the sound card. So it looks like defender is the problem. Now I
                      > guess I have a choice to use defender on the computer or EasyPal Lite.
                      > Does any one have a work around for this problem or is everyone using
                      > EasyPal Lite not using Defender? Open for suggestions.
                      >
                      > 73
                      > Art
                      > WB4MNK

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                      2:25 PM

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 17, 2007
                        Indeederooney.
                        {^_-} Joanne

                        > Well we removed Microsoft Defender and I can now open up the RX and TX
                        > for the sound card. So it looks like defender is the problem. Now I
                        > guess I have a choice to use defender on the computer or EasyPal Lite.
                        > Does any one have a work around for this problem or is everyone using
                        > EasyPal Lite not using Defender? Open for suggestions.
                        >
                        > 73
                        > Art
                        > WB4MNK

                        2:25 PM