SSTV new batch from ISS

  • ka1rrw
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 7:02 PM
      ISS Amateur Radio Status: August 30, 2006

      SpaceCam Status, Active Aug 26
      By Miles Mann WF1F,

      MAREX-MG News www.marexmg.org

      Manned Amateur Radio Experiment

      Hi everyone:
      The SpaceCam1 Imaging project on the International Space Station is
      being operated intermittently on weekends. During his spare time, the
      ISS Expedition 13 Commander Pavel Vinogradov has been activating
      SpaceCam1 project for few orbits randomly. Due to the crews heavy
      work load, we do not have a regulate schedule for the SpaceCam1
      project. The ARISS team is still testing various settings and
      monitoring the status of the project. It may be a few more weeks
      before we have a predictable SpaceCam schedule.

      Our thanks to the many stations that received and decode the test
      images. SpaceCam Images from ISS were received in many countries,
      including Russia, United Kingdom, Brazil, Australia and many more.
      Below is a link to the SpaceCam home page and list of some of the
      images we have received.

      www.marexmg.org

      Images have been received on the following dates:
      July 28, July 30, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15 and Aug 26

      To date, I have 9 unique images from ISS and many repeats. Ir you
      have any new images; please forward the images to MAREX at:

      marexmg@...

      During the testing phase the ISS Slow Scan TV system may be
      intermittently transmitting on the frequency 145.800 MHZ FM.

      For information on how to receive these messages, check out the MAREX
      link:
      http://www.marexmg.org/fileshtml/howtouseiss.html

      Over the next few weeks we maybe receiving images from the
      International Space station via Slow Scan TV (SSTV). The MAREX team
      will be collecting these images from the amateur Radio and SWL
      community and we will post the best.

      We would like to collect all images received. However in order to
      properly catalog the images we request you use the following image
      naming format.
      After you receive you images, please rename the images using the
      following format, All Lower case letters. I have updated the file
      naming format to shorten the file names.

      Year 06, Month 07, Day 31, (UTC time), Call sign,
      Short text description, .JPG

      Example:

      Old format:
      20060731z1905wf1fwindowshot.jpg

      New format:
      0607311905wf1f.jpg

      I removed the first two numbers of the year and the "Z" for UTC time.
      All dates are assumed to be in UTC dates. The images coming down from
      ISS will also have a time stamp embedded into the image. You can also
      use these numbers to generate you file names. If you are a Short
      Wave listener and do not have a call sign, just place your Initials
      after the time (0607311905abc.jpg)

      If we break this down
      Year =06
      Month = 07
      Day = 31
      Time = 1905 UTC
      Call sign = wf1f
      Description (optional) = Windows shot
      Image format = jpg

      Image Quality
      Please do not put any text over lays on the images, Example, do not
      put web page or advertisements in the image. Your own call sign and
      date are acceptable.

      Send all images directly to MAREX at
      Marexmg@...

      We would also like to know the following information
      in your email.

      Name or Call sign
      Country / State
      Receiver
      Software decoding tool
      Elevation or range of ISS when you decoded the image.

      Slide Show Mode:
      The MAREX SpaceCam1 software contains a feature called "Slide Show"
      mode. It allows the crew to preload a directory full of images that
      will be automatically transmitted to Earth. The crew will not need to
      keep pushing a button to send images. In theory the system can run
      for weeks at a time without crew involvement. The SpaceCam project
      will be able to transmit over 200 SSTV images per day (Robot 36
      format).

      During the next phase of testing may use the frequency 145.800 MHz FM
      for the SSTV down link. The Slide Show mode will only be testing the
      Down link. The uplink frequency will not be published.

      SSTV Decoding Software
      http://www.barberdsp.com/

      There are many choices in SSTV software, some Free,
      others with more features cost a few bucks.
      http://www.marexmg.org/fileshtml/sstvlinkpage.html

      So have fun, find your best setup and start practicing
      how to decode SSTV on 2-meters.

      Marexmg Web page
      http://www.marexmg.org

      ARISS Web page and other great Space projects
      http://www.rac.ca/ariss/

      73 Miles WF1F MAREX-MG

      Until we meet again

      DOSVIDANIYA Miles WF1F