Re: [digsstv] a basic doubt

  • Ramya Nekkanti
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      Thanks Andy!

      Andy Eskelson <andyyahoo@...> wrote:
      Some do, and have done so for many many years. Normally only on the professional scopes with the professional price tag.

      Some of the more serious hobby scopes have the feature, as do most digital scopes.
      PC based scopes normally have some way to get at the data as well.

      The main thing to note is that what you get access to varies scope to scope. Sometimes you only get the amplitude of a signal, Sometimes you get a guess at the frequency eyc. but as you can't easily predict all types of wavefore then is a bit iffy to say the least.

      If you can save the screen, which you can do with most digital scopes, then you might be able to do a bit more work such as curve fitting, limit boxes and so on.

      But at the end of the day is all boils down to what the scope provides.

      You can also get DVM's, Function generators, sig gens etc with computer interfaces of one sort or another.

      Andy