What is Irfanview

  • astroham2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2006
      What is the purpose of Irfanview? I downloaded the program directly to
      the HamPal Folder. Do I have to execute the program inside the folder?
      Since I did not execute the program is it working?
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2006
        IrfanView is not required to send and receive pictures. HamPAL can
        now convert and display JP2 images on its own without using IrfanView.
        IrfanView is necessary for "Progressive RX" and other features.

        IrfanView should not be installed into the HamPAL folder. Allow
        IrfanView to install into its own folder under Program Files. After
        IrfanView has been installed, run the install for the plugins.

        73 Dave KB4YZ