Re: [digsstv] Yaesu FT 1000 MP Mark V setup

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2006
      I can't comment on the command string, I use ICOM equipment, and even there I don't bother with the command method for switching, I use the Signalink box instead.

      As for the picture qualtiy.. do you mean compared to normal sstv?

      digi sstv is error free - you either get the pic or you don't Think of it as more of a file transfer system than a image transmission. There are various repeat block requests built into the system so that you can gradually build up a picture. i.e. you might get 550 blocks of a 600 block transmission, then the software will tell you what blocks are missing, and you can then send a request to the sending station to retransmit the missing blocks only.

      It's a good idea to have a go with this mode on vhf with a local if possible, it works just as well and you don't have to worry so much about tuning when using FM. Gives you a chance to get used to the system. On HF I've listened on 80m for hours and sometimes an image pops up, but that is often after the sending station has sent the same pic to many other stations and I have eventually received all the blocks. So it's not really a mode for passive listening, but it can be done.

      Andy