Re: [digsstv] Digtrx 3.11

  • w6ids@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2006
      Well, I don't know if I'd say it's forgiving...... when conditions
      are right, the picture quality can be incredible. You're going to
      find that trying to send complete pictures can be a bit of a chore
      sometimes if you're not running a linear.

      I've seen incoming signals with a relative signal level of perhaps
      S9 + 20 and still have to have repeats for stations in the
      group in order to get a complete picture.

      Personally, I love the mode. You can also have some fun with
      WinDRM for similar data/picture file transmission as well as digital
      voice communications. The voice quality and clarity is startling
      when heard for the first time; truly FM quality and not a stitch of
      noise to speak of.

      Is the digital stuff worth the effort? Yeppir! Its all new and
      changing, improving all along. HamPAL seems to be the current
      application of choice; I continue to run DigiTRX 3.11. I just
      happen to like the "feel" of the program and the way its basic
      GUI is set up. As I understand it, author support for DigiTRX
      has gone away but even so, I still prefer the program thus far.

      Howard W6IDS

      -- Andy Eskelson <andydigsstv@...> wrote:

      Thanks Howard, (and others)

      at least that confirms that I've not missed anything silly.

      The DRM mode works perfectly well with W98. Transmits and receives fine. It was just the oddities with the mode switching and waterfall text that were slightly odd.