Re: Recovering partial images

  • Bruce Sawtelle
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2005
      Thnaks for the input Chris,

      Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the image, only the "progress" line at
      the bottom of the screen, that shows all sectors received except a
      few (3 in this particular case). I've clicked "Progressive" but have
      not seen that work yet. I have Irfanview and the plugins recommended
      from the Hampal site (are there other plugins required for
      progressive?)

      Bruce - W3NJ

      ********************
      > The information transmitted is for the use of the intended
      recipient only
      > and may contain
      > confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review,
      > re-transmission, disclosure
      > dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
      upon,
      > this information
      > by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
      prohibited and
      > may result in
      > severe penalties. If you have received this e-mail in error please
      delete
      > all copies of
      > this message and any attachments and contact the sender. If you
      notice it
      > contains SPAM,
      > abuse or other comments you find offensive please notify the sender
      at
      > crac@i...
      > No Virus detected in this message by AntiVir PersonalEdition
      Classic - Guard
      > XP

    • Chris Watts
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2005
        hello Bruce
        well if
        1. you have ticked progressive at the bottom left of the screen
        2, ifanview and plugins are installed ( in particular in the
        plugins folder in the irfanview directory( JPEG2000.dll ) exists.
        3. in the set up of HAMPAL you have set the irfanview
        directory correctly.
        then you should get a progressive picture as long as the
        transmission is an image ( not text , html, mht etc)
        the other thing is if the transmission is too short or your computer is too
        slow to create a progressive image
        of course over the years I have learnt that with computers never say this
        will happen always say should because every setup is different
        I hope this helps Bruce
        Chris Watts
        RMB 3740
        LYNN ROAD
        ROCHESTER
        VICTORIA
        AUSTRALIA 3561
        RADIO OP. VK3DNH
        EMAIL crac@...

      • W3NJ@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 23, 2005
          Chris,

          Thanks for the info, I found my problem, I had the plugins in the wrong folder (not under Irfanview). The progressive and viewing of partial/corrupted images is now working.

          Hope to "see "you on 14.233 some day.

          73 and Season's greetings down under!!

          Bruce -W3NJ

          Message: 1