Recovering partial images

  • Bruce Sawtelle
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2005
      Hello

      Is there a way to recvoer images that only have a few bad sectors,
      without a BSR/fix cycle? I received an image with 3 bad sectors and the
      band propagation went out before I could send a BSR. Even if the iamge
      has some corruption or missing bits, it's better than no image at
      all! :-)

      I'm running Hampal (primary) and WinDRM (secondary)

      tnx es 73

      Bruce
    • Chris Watts
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2005
        IN HAMPAL RIGHT MOUSE CLICK ON THE CORRUPT IMAGE AND CLICK SAVE RX
        Chris Watts
        RMB 3740
        LYNN ROAD
        ROCHESTER
        VICTORIA
        AUSTRALIA 3561
        RADIO OP. VK3DNH
        EMAIL crac@...
        http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~crac
        The information transmitted is for the use of the intended recipient only
        and may contain
        confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review,
        re-transmission, disclosure
        this information
        by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and
        may result in
        severe penalties. If you have received this e-mail in error please delete
        all copies of
        this message and any attachments and contact the sender. If you notice it
        contains SPAM,
        abuse or other comments you find offensive please notify the sender at
        crac@...
        No Virus detected in this message by AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic - Guard
        XP

        > Is there a way to recvoer images that only have a few bad sectors,
        > without a BSR/fix cycle? I received an image with 3 bad sectors and the
        > band propagation went out before I could send a BSR. Even if the iamge
        > has some corruption or missing bits, it's better than no image at
        > all! :-)
        >
        > I'm running Hampal (primary) and WinDRM (secondary)
        >
        > tnx es 73
        >
        > Bruce
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bruce Sawtelle
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 18, 2005
          Thnaks for the input Chris,

          Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the image, only the "progress" line at
          the bottom of the screen, that shows all sectors received except a
          few (3 in this particular case). I've clicked "Progressive" but have
          not seen that work yet. I have Irfanview and the plugins recommended
          from the Hampal site (are there other plugins required for
          progressive?)

          Bruce - W3NJ

          ********************
          > The information transmitted is for the use of the intended
          recipient only
          > and may contain
          > confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review,
          > re-transmission, disclosure
          > dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
          upon,
          > this information
          > by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
          prohibited and
          > may result in
          > severe penalties. If you have received this e-mail in error please
          delete
          > all copies of
          > this message and any attachments and contact the sender. If you
          notice it
          > contains SPAM,
          > abuse or other comments you find offensive please notify the sender
          at
          > crac@i...
          > No Virus detected in this message by AntiVir PersonalEdition
          Classic - Guard
          > XP

        • Chris Watts
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 19, 2005
            hello Bruce
            well if
            1. you have ticked progressive at the bottom left of the screen
            2, ifanview and plugins are installed ( in particular in the
            plugins folder in the irfanview directory( JPEG2000.dll ) exists.
            3. in the set up of HAMPAL you have set the irfanview
            directory correctly.
            then you should get a progressive picture as long as the
            transmission is an image ( not text , html, mht etc)
            the other thing is if the transmission is too short or your computer is too
            slow to create a progressive image
            of course over the years I have learnt that with computers never say this
            will happen always say should because every setup is different
            I hope this helps Bruce

          • W3NJ@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 23, 2005
              Chris,

              Thanks for the info, I found my problem, I had the plugins in the wrong folder (not under Irfanview). The progressive and viewing of partial/corrupted images is now working.

              Hope to "see "you on 14.233 some day.

              73 and Season's greetings down under!!

              Bruce -W3NJ

              Message: 1