PTT in DIGTRX

  • n0hnj
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2005
      Has anyone succesfully set up PTT in DIGTRX with an Icom IC-746? I have
      the CI-V cable running from my Com 1 Port to the 746. PTT works on
      almost every other digital program I use, such as Logger32, but I
      simply can't get it to work on DIGTRX. I've set it to the same baud
      rate, stop bits, and everything else as the other programs, but still
      no luck.

      I even tried using the CAT commands for the rig with no luck!

      Any help is greatly appreciated!
      TNX es 73
      Dave
      KB3MOW (ex-N0HNJ)
    • w6ids2003@peoplepc.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2005
        Hello............ I have an ICOM IC-746 here which works perfectly with
        DIGTRX. I homebrewed a two transistor interface that runs between COM1 and
        the rear panel jack for computer control on the radio. I'm also using a
        RIGblaster for audio and PTT.

        The RIGblaster is your main option ( or homebrew something) for PTT and
        audio thingies. Are you using one?

        Howard W6IDS

        > Has anyone succesfully set up PTT in DIGTRX with an Icom IC-746? I have
        > the CI-V cable running from my Com 1 Port to the 746. PTT works on
        > almost every other digital program I use, such as Logger32, but I
        > simply can't get it to work on DIGTRX.
      • Dave "Doc" Corio
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2005
          I got it to work tonight! Tried a few different settings, and all of a
          sudden it works!

          And yes, using a RIGblaster here as well, but I bought the interface ( I
          hate building stuff hi!)

          Thanks & 73
          Dave
          KB3MOW