Re: DIGTRX Vers.3.09

  • otmarbasan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2005
      --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "cyclops102000" <cyclops102000@y...>
      wrote:

      > Kia Ora Folks,
      > Just joined the group and have a problem to solve already!
      > I can get Digtrx working fine until I go over to DRM then there's
      no
      > sign of life on the scope or window/waterfall. I have deleted my
      > soundcard software and reinstalled (SB Live 5.1) to no avail, my OS
      is
      > Win.2000 Pro. All other programs calling on the sound card work
      > fine,any pointers anybody? (the same thing happens with vers.07 and
      08)

      > Best 73, Derek (ZL1DJT)

      Hello, Derek!

      Please allow me to ask you a silly question!

      Are you sure that your computer is fast enough? I made the experience
      that i. e. 200 MHz are not sufficient. Decoding DRM is really a job
      for high-perfomance computers.

      Kind regards from Germany!

      Otmar, DL4KT
    • John R Wells
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2005
        Decoding DRM is really a job
        for high-perfomance computers.

        OK let's get this right here. Decoding DRM using DIGTRX is a job for
        high-performance computers. Decoding DRM using WinDRM isn't!! My 366MHz
        works fine with WinDRM (but not with DIGTRX). There is even a sample on the
        web of my DRM signal as received by an Italian station.

        JOHN
      • WD7F - John in Tucson
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2005
          Don't be disappointed if nobody can tell you what the problem is.  My 500 MHz machine works, but not my Pentium 4 3.0 and W2K, hyperthreading or no.
          de WD7F
          John in Tucson

          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2005
            Hi Otmar, My computer is a 1.2Ghz so should be fast
            enough!
            73, Derek (ZL1DJT)

            ---------------------------------
            wrote:

            > Kia Ora Folks,
            > Just joined the group and have a problem to solve
            already!
            > I can get Digtrx working fine until I go over to DRM
            then there's
            no
            > sign of life on the scope or window/waterfall. I
            have deleted my
            > soundcard software and reinstalled (SB Live 5.1) to
            no avail, my OS
            is
            > Win.2000 Pro. All other programs calling on the
            sound card work
            > fine,any pointers anybody? (the same thing happens
            with vers.07 and
            08)

            > Best 73, Derek (ZL1DJT)

            Hello, Derek!

            Please allow me to ask you a silly question!

            Are you sure that your computer is fast enough? I made
            the experience
            that i. e. 200 MHz are not sufficient. Decoding DRM is
            really a job
            for high-perfomance computers.

            Kind regards from Germany!

            Otmar, DL4KT