Re: [digsstv] DRM

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 30, 2005
      I hope somebody does. (I note that I have to fuss with sound card settings
      to make the desired sound card the default so that TX and RX work. It will
      not even do any sound if I use anything other than the default setting,
      too. But I don't see the "works in W12 but not DRM problem.)
      {^_^} W6MKU
      From: jdow

      It should be. It's more likely than most to be helpful.

      {^_^}
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 12, 2005
        My last one from yesterday never made it. So, here it is again:

        Despite all of the improvements, I still don't know how to get mine to work at all.  Well, W12 seems to work.  However, I get sound card errors with two different sound cards for the DRM mode.  The only thing I could find to try is to deactivate the hyperthreading.  That didn't work, so I would guess that soon, there'll be a bunch of folks with new motherboards with hyperthreading that will be having similar problems.  I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to computers, but there's just no troubleshooting info that I can find on the DRM and Digtrx sites that explains what to do when you have problems.

        What's strange is that it's only DRM that won't work.  Also, if I erase the config file, start over and select DRM, I can't get back to the other modes from that point on.  With hyperthreading deactivated, you ought to see the error messages pop open by the dozens until I use the task manager to stop the process.  Closing the problem and reopening it results in DRM as a default.  After that, I either un-install and re-install or delete the config file to try again.  Same result.  At least when hyperthreading is active, I can open the program, it errors once and then it's black waterfall screen and no more message windows.

        Any ideas, anyone!  I know it's a free program, and beggars can't be choosy.

        de WD7F
        John in Tucson

      • ve3wej
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 13, 2005
          unless I missed it from a earlier post, what os are you using, and have you tried just lowering the control settings on your sound card. Not sure what the hyperthreading issue is, and wondering if you do have irfanview installed as well...

          Dave

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 13, 2005
            Thanks for the response Dave.  W2K is the OS.  There are error messages that aren't related to audio level settings. Heck, it never gets so far that audio levels are involved.    Hyperthreading is the latest dual channel technology employed by the latest 3.0+ Pentium4 processors.  Irfanview is not necessary for the program to open.

            John in Tucson

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 14, 2005
              >Irfanview is not necessary for the program to open.

              Is that something new. I was in the understanding that irfanview was
              required to view the jp2 files sent via the drm mode. I know it is not
              needed for digtrx regular modes....

              Dave
            • KD3O - Jim
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 14, 2005
                Any viewer program that will view .JP2 files will work I think. The catcher
                would be that I
                believe you have to point digtrx/hamdrm to the program in digtrx setup.

                Jim KD3O

                >>Irfanview is not necessary for the program to open.
                >

                > Is that something new. I was in the understanding that irfanview was
                > required to view the jp2 files sent via the drm mode. I know it is not
                > needed for digtrx regular modes....
                >

                > Dave
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • ve3wej
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 14, 2005
                  > Any viewer program that will view .JP2 files will work I think.

                  I do NOT know of any other program, unless my graphic veiwers are too old.
                  And I am just going by what they say on the air.

                  Dave
                • KD3O - Jim
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 14, 2005
                    Here is another freeware jp2 viewing program:

                    http://www.photomania.wz.cz

                    Try it, you might like it.....hi.....

                    73 Jim KD3O

                    >> Any viewer program that will view .JP2 files will work I think.
                    >

                    > I do NOT know of any other program, unless my graphic veiwers are too old.
                    > And I am just going by what they say on the air.
                    >

                    > Dave
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • ii6kzr
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 18, 2005
                      Hallo all,
                      in this version the waterfall don't start... in W12 and in HamDRM mode,
                      mouse left clicking or F8 key pushing.

                      Any idea?

                      Thanks.

                      73,

                      I6KZR, Renzo

                      http://www.i6kzr.it

                    • dl8le
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 18, 2005
                        Hello Renzo,

                        I tried to replicate this but there is no problem on my W2K-system,
                        i.e. version 3.8 works ok here.

                        73

                        Juergen, DL8LE

                        -- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, ii6kzr <i6kzr@i...> wrote:

                        > Hallo all,
                        > in this version the waterfall don't start... in W12 and in HamDRM
                        mode,
                        > mouse left clicking or F8 key pushing.
                        >
                        > Any idea?
                        >
                        > Thanks.