PTT-setup COM1 error message

  • werk@hccnet.nl
    Message 1 of 42 , Feb 3, 2005
      Hi all,

      I am experimenting to run DigTRX version 2.14D, but I can use
      some help from the experts. Reception is no problem.
      System used: Atlon 2400+ (2GHz, W2k+SP4, 512 MB Ram)
      Problem:
      PTT-setup to COM1 (or any other port) results in a message:
      "SetCommState function failed (win error code: 87)"
      Only option : 'Disable' port, wich means: No TX.

      COM1 is port on motherboard. I have installed a dual RS-232
      extenderboard, but with same result.
      I have searched in de older group postings, also on Technet-site
      from MS, but only found info that it has to do with the proper
      control of the ports. But no clue about how to solve the problem..
      I have tried older versions of DigTRX, with same result.
      Other applications (i.e. HRD and Echolink) that can use the same
      COM-port for PTT work ok. (But not at the same time)
      Anyone got the same error message and offer a solution? Thanks...

      73 Joop - PA2JR

      Free download at http://www.ePrompter.com
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 9, 2005
        HamPAL 10DEC05 just released. HamPal for screens with at least 1024x768 resolution.  Download here:
        http://www.kb1hj.com/HamPAL10DEC05.zip