Re: [digsstv] Bock Zero

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2004
      From: "aa0oi" <aa0oi@...>

      > Hi all:
      > is it possible to place "block Zero" in more than one place in the
      > file?? ( I know that this would have to written into the program
      > someplace) but this might cut down on the block zero bad.. This
      > might not be possible,, tell me what you think..
      > 73's
      > de aa0oi@...
      > garrett

      I've not looked at the actual decoding code recently. However, my
      memory insists that data present in block zero is required for
      decoding all the other blocks. So you'd have trouble decoding a
      second block zero inserted in the middle of the data collection.

      {^_^}
    • John R Wells
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2004
        But why not have it send a significant signal saying "hello, the next chunk
        of data is Block 0" so that all the Block Zeroes can be found easily??? Or
        maybe Block Zero could be sent every 8 Blocks or so??

        John

        ---

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2004
          The block size varies with the encoding. That is one of the pieces of
          information garnered from block zero. That makes it hard to find a second
          "block 0" embedded in the data stream.

          {^_-}