WIN2000 PRO

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2 11:36 AM
      What I did was upgrade my laptop from win ME to Win2000 pro. It ran
      good on ME but will not run on win 2000. There is no versio 1.o7
      the latest versio is 1.56. I tried earlier versions too but can't get
      it to run on win 2000. help!!!!
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2 12:12 PM
        Here is a good one. I installed win2000 on my desktop computer and
        digtrx works just fine on it. so something on my laptop is stopping
        it from working. Any idea what on my laptop in stopping it on win2000
        pro?
      • Bob Poortinga
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2 12:16 PM
          "Dan" <kb1ixn@...> writes:

          > Here is a good one. I installed win2000 on my desktop computer and
          > digtrx works just fine on it. so something on my laptop is stopping
          > it from working. Any idea what on my laptop in stopping it on win2000
          > pro?

          Aha, more likely than not, the problem is with the video driver on your
          laptop. Digtrx does some rather low-level calls to the display to boost
          performance. Check if your manufacturer has an updated driver for your
          laptop.

          73 de
          --
          Bob Poortinga K9SQL
          Bloomington, Indiana US
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2 3:37 PM
            Tha's not it because it worked on this laptop before I installed
            win2000 pro. I was running win ME on this computer and digtrx worked
            just fine. Now with win2k it will not. what in win2k is stopping it
            from doing it's thing?

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2 3:48 PM
              Dan, listen to the man. Go check if there are new display drivers.
              Also go check for all the other drivers on the system. The driver
              model for W2K is completely different from WinME. For one thing
              WinME and its predecessors merely mimicked multitasking. W2K has an
              honest to God multitasking kernel with data spaces in different
              programs rigorously protected from each other. This affects the
              system even at the driver level.

              {^_^}
              > Tha's not it because it worked on this laptop before I installed
              > win2000 pro. I was running win ME on this computer and digtrx worked
              > just fine. Now with win2k it will not. what in win2k is stopping it
              > from doing it's thing?
              >

              > > Aha, more likely than not, the problem is with the video driver on
              > your
              > > laptop. Digtrx does some rather low-level calls to the display to
              > boost
              > > performance. Check if your manufacturer has an updated driver for
              > your
              > > laptop.
              > >
              > > 73 de
              > > --
              > > Bob Poortinga K9SQL
              > > Bloomington, Indiana US
            • mecram
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2 3:52 PM
                Dan,

                The fact that the video driver worked with ME does not guarantee that it
                will work with 2000. I have had to update several drivers on my system
                after I converted from Win98 to Win2KPro.

                I suggest that you try Bob's suggestion and try to find an updated driver
                for your video card.

                73, Milt W8NUE

                > Tha's not it because it worked on this laptop before I installed
                > win2000 pro. I was running win ME on this computer and digtrx worked
                > just fine. Now with win2k it will not. what in win2k is stopping it
                > from doing it's thing?
                >

                > > Aha, more likely than not, the problem is with the video driver on
                > your
                > > laptop. Digtrx does some rather low-level calls to the display to
                > boost
                > > performance. Check if your manufacturer has an updated driver for
                > your
                > > laptop.
                > >
                > > 73 de
                > > --
                > > Bob Poortinga K9SQL
                > > Bloomington, Indiana US

              • kd7hhw
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 21 10:09 AM
                  Without knowing more about the problem you are experiencing, I would
                  agree with the other posts and check into the video driver. Also,
                  was this an upgrade or a full install of Windows 2000? If upgraded,
                  I would even try reinstalling digtrx. Also, update other components
                  with 2000 like ServicePack 4 and DirectX 9.0c.

                  A better and more detailed description of the problem would be
                  helpful in trying to troubleshoot the problem.