WINDOWS 2000 PRO

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
      ANYONE KNOW WHY I CAN'T GET DIGTRX TO WORK IN WIN2000NT PRO?
    • Bob Poortinga
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
        "Dan" <kb1ixn@...> writes:

        > ANYONE KNOW WHY I CAN'T GET DIGTRX TO WORK IN WIN2000NT PRO?

        Please describe the nature of your problem.

        I use it all the time on my laptop running Win2k Pro. There is one
        small gotcha. If your system sleeps or hibernates, it can cause the
        serial ports to become unavailable. The solution is to reboot.

        Which version are you using. I may be a version or two behind you.

        Make sure that under 'Setup -> Sound Card -> Sound Card Input Control (RX)'
        that the proper input is selected (checked) and that the input level is
        not zero.

        73 de
        --
        Bob Poortinga K9SQL
        Bloomington, Indiana US
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
          It is telling me that digtrx has created errors and windows will
          close it. I'm running the latest version too. I'm running it on an
          IBM thinkpad 770 laptop. It was working good whan I was running
          windows ME. I upgraded to win2000 pro and now it will not run...
          Maybe I should have formeted the drives before installing win2000 pro?
        • Bob Poortinga
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
            "Dan" <kb1ixn@...> writes:

            > It is telling me that digtrx has created errors and windows will
            > close it. I'm running the latest version too. I'm running it on an
            > IBM thinkpad 770 laptop. It was working good whan I was running
            > windows ME. I upgraded to win2000 pro and now it will not run...
            > Maybe I should have formeted the drives before installing win2000 pro?

            First, back up any folders you what to save (like the AutoSave folder).
            Then go to the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs and uninstall your
            current version of Digtrx. Then do a full re-install of Digtrx. That
            should take care of your problem.

            73 de
            --
            Bob Poortinga K9SQL
            Bloomington, Indiana US
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
              I already did that more than once and even tried down loading an
              earlier version. It did not work. I do not think that digtrx works
              with win2000 pro. I do not know.

              > First, back up any folders you what to save (like the AutoSave
              folder).
              > Then go to the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs and uninstall
              your
              > current version of Digtrx. Then do a full re-install of Digtrx.
              That
              > should take care of your problem.
              >
              > 73 de
              > --
              > Bob Poortinga K9SQL
              > Bloomington, Indiana US
            • mecram
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
                Dan,

                I have DIGTRX running successfully on Win2KPro. I am using version 1.07.
                There were no problems installing and running this version on my system
                (Dell Optiplex running at 1GHz).

                Milt
                W8NUE