      From: jdow <jdow@...>
      To: digsstv@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 4:54 PM
      Subject: Re: [digsstv] new user, can't get program to start properly

      It's an old program. It's not setup to work correctly in "Program Files".
      Create a folder "C:\dumbstuff\". Tell installers to put old software into
      that folder. This should make everything work a little nicer. Then bitch
      mightily to the author about fixing the problem.

      {^_^} Joanne/W6MKU

      On 2013/04/28 02:41, Matthew VK3EVL wrote:

      > For win 7 Try right clicking on the file and select "Run as administrator"
      > Another option is to turn off UAC which i personally don't like doing but there
      > are many out there who are happy with it.
      >
      > The starting with admin privs is probably related to where you have installed
      > the software. From memory (it's been a while since i fired up the software) it
      > needs to write to the directory it is installed in. If that directory is in the
      > program files directory then expect some weirdness if not run as admin.
      >
      > Cheers
      > Matthew
      > VK3EVL
      >
      > On 28/04/2013 2:41 AM, Chris Myers wrote:
      >>
      >> I have been using Fldigi for a couple of years, so I know the FT-897 radio and
      >> Signalink interface work fine.
      >> When I load the EasyPal program on my laptop, using Windows XP, Pro, I can get
      >> it to start only when logged in with Admin privileges. When I try logging in
      >> as an ordinary user, I get the message, "File Access Denied". I have gone back
      >> to mark the program as "shared on the network", with no better results.
      >> When I tried loading the program on my desktop computer, running Win 7, it
      >> would not start when logged in as admin or ordinary user. It just refused to
      >> start.
      >> Any ideas??
      >>
      >> Chris Myers, KB1NEK,
      >> ARES Emergency Coordinator for Franklin CO in WMA

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic