3963Re: New Easypal 28th Jan 2012

  • vk4aes
    Feb 3, 2012
      Hi Mike,

      It could be the speaker.

      For least distortion it is best not to use the speaker audio or microphone input.

      It audio output in and out is availabe from the accessory socket, then use that.

      Using the accessory audio can sometimes cause problems when using FM as there may be no pre-emphasis or de-emphasis of the audio.
      This will increase the error rate and the waterfall may look lopsided when recieved on FM. But it is preferred for SSB where it should be flat.

      Try getting the audio without the speaker in parallel to see if that is the problem or it helps.

      Of course there are many other ways distortion can be introduced.

      Erik

      --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "D R Mynatt" <dave@...> wrote:

      > No microphone, no Microsoft sounds... Something must be bleeding across.
      > I'm using a SignaLink and have a speaker tied into it... Could the speaker
      > be the problem?

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic