2490Re: [digsstv] Easypal and Hamdrm.dll

  • Ken Koval
    May 1, 2008
      David Myers wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Have just upgraded a friends computer from Windows ME to XP. Have
      > installed Easypal 28 April 2008 but will not run. Says it needs
      > Library file *hamdrm.dll* but I have it installed in the easypal
      > directory as well as in the Windows directoey in several places. I
      > have even tried differnt versions of *hamdrm* and also earlier
      > versions of Easypal. Still no go.
      >
      > I have it running on my own computers (XP and Vista Ultimate) with no
      > problems at all. (My Vista computer does not have hamdrm.dll installed
      > at all).
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Dave VK2RD / VE3DFK
      >
      > 30MDG # 39
      > DMC # 775
      >
      > Forget the Internet. Come and talk to real people.
      > Welcome to the world of Amateur Radio

      David -

      I have had the exact same problem running EasyPal but on Windows 2000.
      After considerable experimenting I found a work around that enables me
      to run the program. When EasyPal tries to run but fails, I have found
      that it creates several new dll's in the main directory. I have found
      that if I delete msvcrt.dll from the main directory and then run the
      Deep Memory Clean tool contained within Advanced Windows Care Personal
      (Free), EasyPal will now load and run perfectly. I am not a computer
      expert and cannot explain why this technique works. All I know is that
      it works on my computer. I hope this helps. Let us know how you
      resolve your problem.

      Ken, K9PGC
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic