Please Share: "I want to do this with my metadata..."

  • Suzanne Pilsk
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2011
      Dear Fellow Dataists,

      We have gotten some great feedback on tools used for messing with metadata.
      Included in some of the comments is either explicitly or implied �use
      cases�.

      For those who have *some good �stories� about what they want to do with the
      data* � can you share that? Want a tool to solve a problem or provide a new
      service? Can you explain it so that discussions can have a focus on why we
      need the tools we lack or need to develop/tweak tools we have?

      Are there situations where you would like to change your metadata, but lack
      the tools or technical expertise to make those changes happen?

      Please *tell us what are you want to accomplish*. If you can, include what
      kind of environment (organizationally, technically) you'd be working in,
      along with anything else that you think would help other understand what you
      need.

      This is to help with making the short amount of time for a great workshop to
      be successful at Digital Library Federation�s Forum November 1st in
      Baltimore

      Comment here:

      http://lamsmetadata.blogspot.com/2011/10/metadata-use-cases.html

      or reply to Suzanne or Robin

      THANKS!!

      Robin Wendler

      Harvard University Library

      90 Mt. Auburn St.

      Cambridge, MA 02138

      617-495-3724

      r_wendler@...

      Suzanne C. Pilsk

      Head, Metadata Unit

      Smithsonian Institution Libraries

      Connecting. Ideas. Information. *You.*

      10th & Constitution Avenues, NW, NH2207

      MRC 154, P.O. Box 37012

      Washington, DC 20013-7012

      v. 202.633.1646

      PilskS@...

      *P *Please consider the environment before printing this email.