Internet Ministry: What about the Kindle?

  • ifeelgod@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
      <http://www.fromchurch.com/wp-content/themes/rockinnewspaper-3col-1/rockinne
      wspaper-3col-1/images/photo1.jpg>
      Internet Ministry: What about the Kindle?

      I was recently investigating alternative publishing outlets for Christian
      writers . For pastors writing should be a natural outgrowth of their brick
      and mortar ministry, as well as, a tremendous marketing advantage when doing
      Internet Ministry .

      <http://www.fromchurch.com/internet-minis%E2%80%A6out-the-kindle> Reading
      list

      There are so many ways that pastors can re-purpose their weekly sermons and
      bible studies by recreating the material in audio, video, and written
      formats that are easily consumed by an ever expanding marketplace of
      potential Christian consumers. But I digress and must get off this soap
      box,Christian consumers

      Nevertheless, I came across a writer who had created and was giving away a
      pdf formated ebook. Since he wanted to create a version for the Kindle,
      Amazon's popular ebook display device. He researched and reformated the pdf
      into a format compatible with the Kindle and published the book for sale
      through the Kindle marketplace store.

      The Kindle store is like itunes for Kindle ebooks. They not only handle the
      purchase transaction for the author, but they also download the book to the
      readers Kindle device.

      READ
      <http://www.fromchurch.com/internet-ministry-what-about-the-kindle#more-348>
      THE COMPLETE ARTICLE HERE

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      THURSDAY! CALL IN TALK SHOW ~ ASK QUESTIONS
      This WEEK ON http://blogtalkradio.com/ifeelgod
      Thursday 12 Noon Central

      Join Bishop James I Feel God Brown
      and his special guest

      PASTOR JOSH HUNT
      known Internationally as
      THE SUNDAY SCHOOL MAN
      Author of "How To Double In 2 Years Or Less"

      For this weeks edition of
      The Internet Ministry How-To Show
      http://blogtalkradio.com/ifeelgod

      CALL IN TALK SHOW ~ ASK QUESTIONS
      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      In Him,
      JMb <><

      Bishop James 'I Feel God' Brown
      The Internet's Favorite Pastor
      Visit My Blog <http://www.ifeelgod.org/> http://www.ifeelgod.org
      <http://www.1000churches.org/> http://www.1000churches.org - Kingdom
      Ministry
      <http://www.fromchurch.com/> http://www.fromchurch.com - Ministry Tech

      Stay In Contact with me
      facebook: <http://facebook.com/bishopifeelgod>
      http://facebook.com/bishopifeelgod
      twitter: http://twitter.com/ifeelgod
      myspace: <http://myspace.com/ifeelgod> http://myspace.com/ifeelgod

    • p.baker67@btinternet.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2009
        --- In digital-text@yahoogroups.com, <ifeelgod@...> wrote:

        > The Kindle store is like itunes for Kindle ebooks. They not only handle the
        > purchase transaction for the author, but they also download the book to the
        > readers Kindle device.

        The open source application Calibre has been called the iTunes of ebooks. Not being dedicated to one device or format, it will convert ebooks to the required format, although I believe it doesn't yet support ePub, but does support the Kindle.

        Philip Baker
      • dega_studios
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 22, 2009
          Actually, Calibre was one of the first to support ePub and is the tool of choice for iPhone/iPod Touch users and those owning Sony eBook devices (among others) to get their eBooks converted into ePub.

          Dave

          --- In digital-text@yahoogroups.com, p.baker67@... wrote:

          > --- In digital-text@yahoogroups.com, <ifeelgod@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The Kindle store is like itunes for Kindle ebooks. They not only handle the
          > > purchase transaction for the author, but they also download the book to the
          > > readers Kindle device.
          > >

          > The open source application Calibre has been called the iTunes of ebooks. Not being dedicated to one device or format, it will convert ebooks to the required format, although I believe it doesn't yet support ePub, but does support the Kindle.
          >
          > Philip Baker

        • Philip Baker
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 22, 2009
            On 22 Dec 2009, at 16:11, dega_studios wrote:

            > Actually, Calibre was one of the first to support ePub and is the tool
            > of choice for iPhone/iPod Touch users and those owning Sony eBook
            > devices (among others) to get their eBooks converted into ePub.
            >
            > Dave

            Yes, looking again at Calibre's site I see it there. I think before I
            was looking at something different, possibly a list of well known
            devices supported rather than a list explicitly of formats supported.
            Well that makes Calibre even more the "iTunes of ebooks".

            My knowledge of Calibre is only a few days old and it wont work on my
            Mac with its older version of OSX so I have no practical experience of
            using it.

            Doe Calibre have any rivals?

            Philip Baker