digi_ned with TNC ... AX25 or KISS?

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2007
      Hi all,

      I'm not able to compile with AX25, but I am able to do it with KISS.

      If I run the TNC in KISS mode, is this KISS-compiled version going to
      work?

      Also, any clues as to where I can locate the "ax25/axconfig.h" file
      when using INTERFACE = NEW_AX25?

      mac_if.c:226:27: error: ax25/axconfig.h: No such file or directory

      I have ax25-tools and ax25-apps installed.

      Regards,

      Greg
    • Jim Shorney
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2007
        It's been a while since I set all this up...

        On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:55:28 -0000, Greg wrote:

        >If I run the TNC in KISS mode, is this KISS-compiled version going to
        >work?

        The cool thing about running a KISS TNC is that multiple apps can share the
        TNC. I'm currently running Digi_Ned for RF digipeating, Xastir for mapping
        and Igating, APRSHog for statistics, and (occasionally) aprsd and listen -
        all using the same ax25 TNC port.

        >Also, any clues as to where I can locate the "ax25/axconfig.h" file
        >when using INTERFACE = NEW_AX25?
        >
        >mac_if.c:226:27: error: ax25/axconfig.h: No such file or directory
        >
        >I have ax25-tools and ax25-apps installed.

        IIRC, you need the ax25 development package to get the heqder files you need
        to compile stuff.

        73,

        -Jim

        --
        Ham Radio NU0C
        TR7/RV7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C, L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, HyGain 3750, IBM PS/2 - all vintage, all the time!