RE: [digined] Query via DIGI

  • Dave Baxter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi Kim..

      Not sure yet, I'm still learning my way round all this, but might there
      be some setup for the path to use for a query reply, different to that
      used for a "normal" beacon? There is an awfull lot in there to mess
      with if you need to.

      Maybe your reply is getting sent OK (can anyone else local to your digi
      see it when you ask for it) and it's getting to an I-Gate, but from then
      on, any gate near where you are, may not repeat that internet traffic to
      RF.

      Or maybe your query is not getting to your digi?

      I think there is too many variables, any of which would stop you from
      seeing your query reply.

      There are also several other sources of satellite tracking data, some
      programs will run on a PDA if you have such a thing. Guess you are
      looking to use something like a D7 or D700 only?

      73

      Dave G0WBX

      This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited. www.palmercook.co.uk
    • KB4YTM
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2007
        Hello Kim,

        Try sending ?APRSD to JACKTN which is our local digi_ned digi. If you
        get a reply let me know.

        I am local to our digi_ned digi so I have never tried to get a reply
        from a remote area.

        Thanks
        Richard
        KB4YTM