Serial line data & digined on ubuntu

  • f4fwh
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2012
      Hi,

      We are running our local with digined on a ubuntu server from a lot of time, and we want to add new functionnality, like a WX report.

      So I've build a system based on an arduino which is able to take time,wind speed, wind direction, humidity, temperature, pression etc...

      Now I want to make it work with digined, so I've made the sentence of my arduino serial look like this :

      _08251650c225s002g000t051r000p000P000h45b9945xARDU

      And configure digined with this option on the digi_ned.ini :

      serial: 15 all /dev/ttyACM0 9600 WIDE2-2

      But when i launch digined, I have this answer at the beginning :

      Expected COM port setting on serial: at line 82

      I've tried to put COM1 on the digi_ned.ini, so the serial line look like this :

      serial: 15 all COM1 9600 WIDE2-2

      And no warning was seen at the launch... But COM1 on a linux system is not supported :D

      So I guess that digi_ned serial option didn't work on an ubuntu system... But before trying other way to make my WX report system work, I came here to see if someone ever had the same problem on making work together digined and a serial line data on ubuntu?

      Thanks
      73 Vivien - F4FWH
    • f4fwh
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25, 2012
        Ok after some test and reading the source code, it appear that there is a translation between DOS "COMX" and /dev/ttySX in digined code.

        So, as my arduino use /dev/ttyACM0, I've made a symlink to /dev/TTYS5 and configure the serial command like this :
        serial: 15 all COM6 9600 WIDE2-2

        But nothing is send on the air...

        Is my serial sentence a right one?
        Is there something else to check?