Re: Electrified mbira, imbira, kalimba, etc.

  • Ivan
    Message 1 of 41 , Oct 2, 2007
      I went the budget route and bought a $50 Hugh Tracey Kalimba at Guitar
      Center and put a $10 piezo pickup in it. Works great.

      http://www.kalimba.co.za/kalimba.htm

      Ivan

      --- In differentskies@yahoogroups.com, darkstr1746@... wrote:

      > ok. i was right in my assumption. There was a guy here in town about
      fifteen twenty years ago who was making electrified Kalimbas at the
      time. From small ones to very large "bass" Kalimbas. the sound just
      captivated me and i sure wish i had been able to afford one. Even back
      then he was charging around $350 for one and i just didn't have the
      scratch. I can see where they would be just gorgeous through delay
      lines and loopers. Oh well.
    • Nick Rothwell
      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 2, 2007
        On 2 Oct 2007, at 04:29, Tim Thompson wrote:

        > I'm a big fan, if you can't tell.

        In the looping ladies stakes, I'll see your Imogen Heap and raise you
        a Juana Molina.

        http://www.juanamolina.com/

        Nick Rothwell / Cassiel.com Limited
        www.cassiel.com