Re: Different Skies Documentary Idea (count me in!)

  • Rus Foster
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 1, 2005
      Doug

      Sounds to me like you have the ideal setup for multiple-angle concert
      footage. At least footage with professional-looking continuity. I'm
      sure you could edit something down to usable form for the purposes of
      local broadcast, and we could use the footage for our own
      purposes...with enough extra stuff left over for Bonus Features!

      Just make sure we have material for the Bloopers section. Chicks dig
      that stuff.

      Rus

      --- In differentskies@yahoogroups.com, Doug Wellington <doug@d...>
      wrote:
      > OK folks,
      >
      > I've kept it on the back burner, but I am a (minor) part of Access
      > Tucson, the community cable access group/facility here. If I make
      the
      > right pitch, I can probably bring a field production setup which
      > consists of three Sony PD-150 cameras, tripods, hard disk(s) for
      > editing, etc. (I think I can also get Cannon XL1s as well, if
      anyone
      > prefers them...nice to have the interchangeable lenses.) Of course,
      > part of the qualification of getting that kit is that I'd have to
      > produce something to be shown on one of the three Access Tucson
      cable
      > channels. Not such a bad thing, eh? Sounds like there would be at
      > least three of us that could/would be willing to handle the
      cameras. I
      > could bring the G4 with FCP up to do some impromptu editing on
      well.
      > Should I pursue this?
      >
      > -Doug
      >
      > Ambient, Space and Electronic Music comes to Arizona September 17,
      2005
      > at Arcosanti, 65 miles north of Phoenix.
      http://www.differentskies.com
    • tonygerber2001
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 1, 2005
        The documentary/film/video talk sounds great for DS05... I have a
        digital camera that i can bring also... might be good for some accessory footage... from a
        performer's point of view...

        Craig P. it is great to see you possibly gonna make it this year!...

        tony g.

        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Tony Gerber
        owner/artist
        http://spaceformusic.com
        tg@...

        Mixing music and art.
        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      • pvnuk@wi.rr.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 2, 2005
          I am also very excited by this idea, I of course have a degree in still
          photography and would be willing to donate all my stills to such a
          project, as well as I have dabbled in video (almost went to grad school
          for it...still may eventually), so I would be willing to help out any
          way I can.

          Paul V

          > 1. Re: Different Skies Documentary Idea (count me in!)
          > From: "tonygerber2001" <tg@...>

          > Message: 1
          > Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 03:43:08 -0000
          > From: "tonygerber2001" <tg@...>
          > Subject: Re: Different Skies Documentary Idea (count me in!)
          >
          > The documentary/film/video talk sounds great for DS05... I have a
          > digital camera that i can bring also... might be good for some
          > accessory footage... from a
          > performer's point of view...
          >
          > Craig P. it is great to see you possibly gonna make it this year!...
          >
          > tony g.
          >
          > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
          > Tony Gerber
          > owner/artist
          > http://spaceformusic.com
          > tg@...
          >
          > Mixing music and art.
          > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

          > -----

        • Bill Fox
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 3, 2005
            pvnuk@... wrote:

            > I am also very excited by this idea, I of course have a degree in still
            > photography and would be willing to donate all my stills to such a
            > project, as well as I have dabbled in video (almost went to grad school
            > for it...still may eventually), so I would be willing to help out any
            > way I can.

            My degree is not in photography, but same as last year, my digitalpix
            will be made available for the benfit of DS. Yes, it is exciting to
            have more than the on-stage musicians getting involved. I think this is
            a fine development.

            Cheers,

            Bill