Member Numero Eight-o!

  • Craig Padilla
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2002
      Hello, all.
      I'm very interested in traveling down south next year for the
      Arcosanti festival next year. The only problem for me is that the
      next year remains an uncertain future due to the fact that I will
      soon be a father (in December)! Mr. Metlay has already braced me for
      certain things regarding fatherhood. (whew - wipes sweat from brow)
      The other factor for me is that I would like to have my long-time
      friend and music collaborator, Skip Murphy, come down with me as he's
      an EXCELLENT engineer. He's like a safety-guard for me if something
      goes wrong with any of my synths! I'd like to talk to him about this
      to see if he'd be interested. Any objections to inviting him to join
      this list?

      But, in the meantime, I'd like to participate in the discussions as
      much as possible as the whole thing sounds like a good time for all.
      (Man, just think of the music we'd all create together!)

      I like the idea of spreading the event over a few days, too. It
      would be a fun vacation for all involved. It would be necessary to
      have more than one day to participate with collaborations with
      various artists, as well as drink a few brewskis and socialize.

      Now that I'm thinking about it: It would be really great if I could
      find a way to take a couple weeks off from work WITH PAY and travel
      across the USA to play at various venues without it costing me an arm
      and a leg... any suggestions? (Or sponsors?)

      Yours Arcosantingly,
      Craig
      http://craigpadilla.com
    • liquidunknown@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2002
        In a message dated 10/17/02 4:25:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        craigpadilla@... writes:

        << Now that I'm thinking about it: It would be really great if I could
        find a way to take a couple weeks off from work WITH PAY and travel
        across the USA to play at various venues without it costing me an arm
        and a leg... any suggestions? (Or sponsors?)

        Yours Arcosantingly,
        Craig >>

        *Well, if we had any idea on how to do that we'd be doing it ourselves.
        Poly
      • Bill Fox
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 18, 2002
          From: "Craig Padilla" <craigpadilla@...>
          > Now that I'm thinking about it: It would be really great if I could
          > find a way to take a couple weeks off from work WITH PAY and travel
          > across the USA to play at various venues without it costing me an arm
          > and a leg... any suggestions? (Or sponsors?)

          Talk to Dave Fulton about shipping gear. He might know a way that won't bust
          the bank. He's flying out here to play at The Gatherings in Philadelphia.
          (Fabulous series - too bad I have two gigs the same day...) And if you find
          yourself on the east coast, I want you to play at my Soundscapes Concert
          Series!!!!

          Cheers,

          Bill
          SOUNDSCAPES Concert Series: http://soundscapes.us