Larry Nivens and Jerry Pournelle

  • Charlie, Chaz, Chuckles
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2005
      Dear Folks at Different Skies,

      Mike Metlay broke the news to you, but he did not tell you why the authors wanted to
      come...to hear Space Music. I am sure meeting Paolo is exciting for them, but the treat is
      to live at Arcosanti for a few days and interact with our coolest gang of musicians.

      Please leave the their publicity in the Different Skies community for right now, at least until
      I am straight on what type of stay is most engaging for our famous visitors. When Francis
      Ford Coppola came to Arcosanti, he just wanted to be part of the crowd and not have
      movie ideas, screen plays, and other such ideas pitched his way...and he was noticeably
      irritated when people ignored this reality. So, we are not promoting Space Music as an
      event attended by Nivens and Pournelle right now...please let me clear that with them first.
      But, you can tell all your friends, family, and associates. If the organic mechanism of six
      degrees of separation works, then everyone will know right....word of mouth is fine, just
      no blantant advertising as of yet.

      Arcosanti looks great these days and will be even nicer when you return for your week-
      long jam session. Thank you so much for choosing Arcosanti as your home for a week.

      *smile*,

      Charlie Provine