Re: [differentskies] Food

  • Otso Pakarinen
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 12, 2012
      Would some cheese at the breakfast be an unreasonable request?

      Otso

      Allen Goodman <azaxeman@...> kirjoitti 12.8.2012 kello 5.00:

      > Ok guys, as is the tradition, Melanie has asked me to inquire if anyone has any specialty food requests this year, other than her fantastic Mac and Cheese, so let's hear it
    • RusUnaHaydenTrixie
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 13, 2012
        I suddenly developed a hankering for chicken wings, however practical that may be :) The hotter the better, although I'll still be bringing a small arsenal of habanero peppers just in case :)

        Rus

        --- In differentskies@yahoogroups.com, Allen Goodman <azaxeman@...> wrote:

        > Ok guys, as is the tradition, Melanie has asked me to inquire if anyone has any specialty food requests this year, other than her fantastic Mac and Cheese, so let's hear it
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone

      • Em Dee
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 14, 2012
           Pop Tarts: the final salvation for campers who packed too little real food. I also recommend cashews and almonds. Those perky little trace elements make me a bigger, 'badder' synthesist. Tree nuts are great for sustaining you in a pinch, although they cannot replace back-up cords you left at home.

          David

          www.davidmanning1.bandcamp.com

        • Nick Rothwell
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 15, 2012
            On 14 Aug 2012, at 21:57, Em Dee <twogbmac2@...> wrote:

            > Pop Tarts: the final salvation for campers who packed too little real food.

            Pop Tart Croissants: you could have something there.

            If not: a Pop Tart in your pocket is a simple and affordable way to convince people that you own an iPhone.

            -- N.

          • Jeff Kunzelman
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 15, 2012
              Must have metric pop tarts over there.

              Sent from my iPhone

            • JEMPolyUnRex@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 15, 2012
                Metric Pop Tarts! Now there's a name for a tune.

                JEM

                (mailto:twogbmac2@...) > wrote:

                > > Pop Tarts: the final salvation for campers who packed too little real
                food.

                > Pop Tart Croissants: you could have something there.
                >
                > If not: a Pop Tart in your pocket is a simple and affordable way to
                convince people that you own an iPhone.

                > -- N.

              • Em Dee
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 15, 2012
                   If I'm using a Pop-Tart to fake iPhone ownership, I don't need an iPhone, I need an extended enema. Its like the guy who showed up for a gig with older gear like a DX7 and got derided by a couple of the attendees. He said "They sure shut up once I started playing, though." Of course, bringing a case of Pop-Tarts to a festival in the great outdoors can certainly increase your fan base.

                  David

                  www.davidmanning1.bandcamp.com
                  http://soundcloud.com/david-emm-1/fevre-dreamin

                • Nick Rothwell
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 16, 2012
                    On 15 Aug 2012, at 23:17, JEMPolyUnRex@... wrote:

                    > Metric Pop Tarts! Now there's a name for a tune.

                    Or, indeed, for a girl band.

                    -- N.

                  • RusUnaHaydenTrixie
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 16, 2012
                      Betty Boop: the original Pop Tart.

                      RF

                      --- In differentskies@yahoogroups.com, Nick Rothwell <nick@...> wrote:

                      > On 15 Aug 2012, at 23:17, JEMPolyUnRex@... wrote:
                      >
                      > > Metric Pop Tarts! Now there's a name for a tune.
                      >
                      > Or, indeed, for a girl band.
                      >
                      > -- N.

                    • Parity Flux
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 16, 2012
                        I have a killer (& fairly simple) recipe for poblano chicken I'd love her
                        to make. I'll even bring the poblanos. It's a shoe-in for an arco meal.
                        -jk