Re: [differentskies] In the I'm-not-sure-I-know-how-to-do-that-department

  • Nick Rothwell
    Message 1 of 20 , May 22, 2012
      On 22 May 2012, at 18:09, IvanCU2 wrote:

      > Obviously the easiest way to enable the mixing is to use software or a mixing console that provides for various sound options (like a DiGiCo, for example).

      I believe that's beyond my pay grade.

      I'm coming round to the idea of an ambisonic setup, not least because it means I can concentrate on positioning channels in the sound score without worrying about speaker placement - then I get to worry about that separately. And I get a bit more flexibility when actually working in the various venues. Obviously, it means a separate subwoofer mix.

      There's a couple of ambisonic object sets for MaxMSP so SoundFlowering into one of them with some MIDI or OSC control of placement seems like a good thing to try.

      -- N.