Re: [differentskies] Re: Speaking of..... Mixers?

  • Bill Fox
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 1, 2009
      john.krikawa wrote:
      > speaking of Behringer....
      > does anyone have experience with the BCR2000?
      > ....looking for a few extra knobs for direct synth control. J3
      > mentioned using a nanoKontrol with the M50, but it "appears" that
      > since it's USB only, that it needs a computer connection as well.
      > nanoKontrol would be enough knobs and I like the size, but shit while
      > I'm at it the BCR2000 looks really sweet for the price.
      I know that Howard has either the BCR or the BCF, I forget which. I
      remember it looking useful but I have no personal, hands-on experience
      with it. I'm still using my old Peavy PC1600 which was built like a
      tank. A BCR2000 always seemed like it would be a good addition to my
      rig... just as soon as I need extra knobs. Perhaps I'll eventually
      develop the need with running softsynths.

      Cheers,

      Bill
    • Joe McMahon
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 1, 2009
        One of the folks in the VFX group has built a set of controls for the
        VFX synthesis parameters, so it's definitely flexible.

        --- Joe M.
      • Jeannie Allen
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 10, 2009
          Btw, thanks everyone for the mixer input. I liked all the suggestions...*a lot* of good info to have in case my multimix8 ever bites it. As far as something super light and simple for my upcoming air travel, I think I'll probably go with the Roland M-10MX...thanks Greg!

          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 10, 2009
            Let me know how the M-10MX works out.

            Greg

            *****

            ________________________________
            Btw, thanks everyone for the mixer input. I liked all the suggestions. ..*a lot* of good info to have in case my multimix8 ever bites it. As far as something super light and simple for my upcoming air travel, I think I'll probably go with the Roland M-10MX...thanks Greg!

            > .com/products/ productdetails. aspx?ObjectId=
            > 862&ParentId= 114
            >

            > Been planning on selling the Hosa QMX-16X2 that I used at
            > DS08.
            >

            > Greg
            >

            > *****
            >

            > ____________ _________ _________ __
            >
            > From: Jonathan Mills <shamaniaq@yahoo.
            > com>

          • Ivan
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 10, 2009
              --- In differentskies@yahoogroups.com, Jeannie Allen <earthgirlvibes@...> wrote:

              > Btw, thanks everyone for the mixer input. I liked all the suggestions...*a lot* of good info to have in case my multimix8 ever bites it. As far as something super light and simple for my upcoming air travel, I think I'll probably go with the Roland M-10MX...thanks Greg!

              That looks like a cool box. Also works as an ADC in a pinch. Who knew!

              That's right; Greg did. I never think of checking out the Edirol stuff but they make some interesting products.

              Ivan
            • Moss Parker
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 10, 2009
                I thought about getting one, but the fixed 96K digital output would be useless to me.  Even though I have some pretty good tools at my disposal (Izotope RX-pro, for example), I really don't like down sampling to 44.1K from 96K.  It takes an extra step, and there is always the potential for subtle distortion (although, to be honest, I have never heard any).  But, since I have pretty much standardized on 24/44.1k for audio (24/48k for video) over Lightpipe, to add the worthless 96K A/D step would just eat up time.  Maybe I'd consider 96K at some point (the RME does 12-channel S/MUX very well), if I am ever producing audio for dogs.

                J3

                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 10, 2009
                  --- In differentskies@yahoogroups.com, Moss Parker <moss_parker@...> wrote:

                  > I thought about getting one, but the fixed 96K digital output would be useless to me.

                  According to the specs the M-10MX AD conversion sample rate operates at 44.1/48.0/96.0 kHz.

                  Ivan
                • Moss Parker
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 10, 2009
                    I guess I never looked at the detailed specs, just in what is advertised.  I wish that admen stopped considering 96K as something that was actually usefull.

                    J3