Re: [differentskies] Re: Alesis Andromeda - Live Rigs

  • Phil Raymondo
    Message 1 of 94 , Nov 3, 2008

      Ivan wrote:
      >124k and rising here; just had the alternator replaced.
      >But still going strong and on the original clutch. Which is
      >impressive considering I like exercising the VR6.

      Same here, both on exercising the VR6 and on still having the original
      clutch. The first couple of years I had it I'd barnstorm through the Blue
      Ridge mountains in NC on an almost monthly basis. Now however, I find my
      reflexes, timing, and attentiveness, along with the car's performance,
      have deteriorated to the point where I'm not capable of doing that
      quickly or safely anymore, so no longer.

      Like John says, the maintenance costs are quite high, so I try to keep it
      out of the shop as much as possible. If I took it in now, I'd be facing a
      whopping bill to correct everything that needs to be worked on. It was
      bad enough that it cost me $155 to replace the driver's side sun visor,
      so I don't need to have them dig around to find much more expensive
      things that need repair/replacement!! So I nurse it along as best I can
      for as long as I can.

      *sigh* I'd love to see 100K on mine again....

      Phil
    • Phil Raymondo
      Message 94 of 94 , Nov 7, 2008

        Ivan wrote:
        >I always like seeing him at the Zon booth at the
        >NAMM show. He's an amazing player. I ran
        >sound for him many years ago and he left a
        >lasting impression then. And a really nice guy too!

        I had the same impression big time when I took a week's special seminar
        with him at a National Guitar Summer Workshop back in (ulp!) '92.

        Phil