Hello and Intro!

  • Beth-Pretoria, South Africa
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2011
      I guess 'great minds' think alike.

      Funny how with all the craze on the blogs that there isn't a forum for chatting, specifically about cutting for quilts.

      Sure hope you get a bunch more traffic soon!

      I live in South Africa, here on a tour for the US Government... well my DH is... and I got to come too. Although I now work for the organization too.

      I have the Sizzix Vagabond... motorized so not cranking... Ultimately I'd like to swap die cuts with others... someday!

      Beth
      Pretoria, South Africa - (was - Near Chicago)
      Blog: http://snipehunter1.blogspot.com/
      Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/beth-near_chicago/
    • Barb
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2011
        Hi Beth, welcome to this group. How do you like your Vagabond? I have both the Big Shot and Big Shot Pro, but the Vagabond does look interesting. I also have the Accuquilt Go, but I prefer the Sizzix products. The variety of shapes offered from Sizzix is amazing. Yesterday I found the new shapes offered by Patsy Thompson and I am really coveting them. She calls them Appli-K-Kutz, and has beautiful feather designs.

        Barb

        > I guess 'great minds' think alike.
        >
        > Funny how with all the craze on the blogs that there isn't a forum for chatting, specifically about cutting for quilts.
        >
        > Sure hope you get a bunch more traffic soon!
        >
        > I live in South Africa, here on a tour for the US Government... well my DH is... and I got to come too. Although I now work for the organization too.
        >
        > I have the Sizzix Vagabond... motorized so not cranking... Ultimately I'd like to swap die cuts with others... someday!
        >

        > Beth
        > Pretoria, South Africa - (was - Near Chicago)
        > Blog: http://snipehunter1.blogspot.com/
        > Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/beth-near_chicago/

      • Beth H
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2011
          I saw those too. And like you I am drooling!!!

          I picked the Sizzix, because they tout that you can use other machine dies and get good cuts and not void any warranties!

          I haven't really used mine yet... Still waiting for my shipment of dies and extended cutting pads.

          Beth
          Pretoria, South Africa - (was - Near Chicago)
          Blog: http://snipehunter1.blogspot.com/
          Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/beth-near_chicago/

          Hi Beth, welcome to this group. How do you like your Vagabond? I have both the Big Shot and Big Shot Pro, but the Vagabond does look interesting. I also have the Accuquilt Go, but I prefer the Sizzix products. The variety of shapes offered from Sizzix is amazing. Yesterday I found the new shapes offered by Patsy Thompson and I am really coveting them. She calls them Appli-K-Kutz, and has beautiful feather designs.

          Barb

          > I guess 'great minds' think alike.
          >
          > Funny how with all the craze on the blogs that there isn't a forum for chatting, specifically about cutting for quilts.
          >
          > Sure hope you get a bunch more traffic soon!
          >
          > I live in South Africa, here on a tour for the US Government... well my DH is... and I got to come too. Although I now work for the organization too.
          >
          > I have the Sizzix Vagabond... motorized so not cranking... Ultimately I'd like to swap die cuts
          with others... someday!

          > Beth
          > Pretoria, South Africa - (was - Near Chicago)
          > Blog: http://snipehunter1.blogspot.com/
          > Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/beth-near_chicago/

        • barb.schan
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2011
            --- In diecuttersforquilters1@yahoogroups.com, "Beth-Pretoria, South Africa" <b1hunter@...> wrote:

            > I guess 'great minds' think alike.
            >
            > Funny how with all the craze on the blogs that there isn't a forum for chatting, specifically about cutting for quilts.
            >
            > Sure hope you get a bunch more traffic soon!
            >
            > I live in South Africa, here on a tour for the US Government... well my DH is... and I got to come too. Although I now work for the organization too.
            >
            > I have the Sizzix Vagabond... motorized so not cranking... Ultimately I'd like to swap die cuts with others... someday!
            >

            > Beth

            Hi Beth! I have the Sizzix Big Shot Pro but due to a move literally from one end of Canada to the other I haven't been able to take it out of the box. I have had the Accuquilt GO for nearly two years and absolutely love it. I've done great work and always wondered about the Vagabond because of the motorized feature. I had understood it was limited as to which dies it could use. Am I wrong?

            Barb
            Digby, Nova Scotia
            formerly Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2011
              Barb,

              I didn't take it out of the box for weeks... but thats because I didn't get any dies when I bought it... and my studio has donwsized considerably and my surfaces are alway in progress!

              Yes it is limited on width, but not length... well until you run out of pads... and if you are cranking out a bunch of strips... thats where the motor will come in very handy.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2011
                I am really excited about the Patsy Thompson dies and have a store looking into getting some of them for me. I am really happy that they can be used in the Sizzix.
                What dies are you waiting on? I have a couple of strip dies but I haven't used them yet. I have a nice assortment of applique shape dies that I love to cut out. Now all I need is a lot more time and energy. :-)
                Barb